Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group F & H Results]

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Kairih
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group G Results]

Post by Kairih » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:18 am

Congrats guys! ^o^ I knew siny and Mae would make it :3

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:27 am

Animated, just watched your vid, the broadcasting parts made me laugh so hard :rofl:

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 am

YAYYYY!!! I'm passed round one! *Talks to the screen* I'M THROUGH MAYNE I'M THROUGH!
Damn that 3 day edit.. *starts earlier for round two*

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 am

Mally wrote:YAYYYY!!! I'm passed round one! *Talks to the screen* I'M THROUGH MAYNE I'M THROUGH!
Damn straight. I have you winning your group, so 3rd place ain't gonna cut it! Good luck. :D

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 am

RAWdangers wrote:"Some knowledge of the show is required to understand what was going on"
^fail to see this as a negative. I have never seen the anime yet i did not find the lack of every single scene being put into context in the amv detracting at all. It was an enjoyable amv (needed some work in a few areas) but still enjoyable and fun to watch. It seems a bit harsh to critique an amv on the context that you havent seen the anime or don't know enough about it to truly understand the amv. In fact, unless you've seen the anime/s in question, you're never truly going to understand every single sequence and clip in an amv. Also with the internet, it is rather easy to gain some knowledge of the show without watching the anime x3

On a lighter note, however, Congrats to those who are moving on, i pretty much agree with the judges here. Although the rest of the vids were also entertaining to watch. it must have been very hard to decide who moved on. Congrats to those moving on (especially my friends :D )

One of the things you have to remember is that, if a negative critique along the lines of "it helps to know about the show in order to follow along" is the worst you get, you're not doing too bad.

As someone who doesn't know the show, it looked like it would be a creepy romance video...but then she started killing stuff...then people were flying around shooting magical powers with buildings exploding. I have no idea what the video was actually about. Even with the general synopsis I've read here and there on the internet about the show, I had no clue that "reading the future on your cellphone" turns into magical explosions and other dimension times. Reading this, it sounds like a psychological thriller/death game. I see no mention of giant bubbles that make buildings disappear or midgets that can shoot lasers, unless that's insinuated in the "imaginary friend" bit that's about 1 sentence long.

And yes, with the internet is is rather easy to gain some knowledge about the show. Hence why I chose judges who actually do research and god knows Mirko checks out every anime under the sun. But the average viewer however, doesn't want to go out and do research just so they understand a video they saw on teh interwebz. While technical critique should be viewed from an editor perspective, critique on convoluted themes/storytelling can be viewed either from an editor perspective or as just a general viewer. I wasn't aware that editors were required to do homework on shows to understand the videos, but I guess that's a new thing?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 am

Yeah, that comment was mine. I try to put positive and negative things about all videos, and that just happened to be one of the few potentially negative things I could find about the video, that's about it. Actually, I had put scene selection as a + in the video, but if one doesn't know the show at all, it can get confusing, so I specified it like that. :P

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Aww thank you everyone for the comments <3
And thank you judges! For ups and downs! :up:

Since I don't really like the song, I think that everyone did a great job! <3 |:>
And Mae, I loved yours so much! It reminded I have to finish that anime when all of the contests are over :sweat:

P.S.: Yue aww you picked my favorite character of that anime for the picture! :ying:
ImageImage
ImageImage

JD_Lord1
Org Profile

Post by JD_Lord1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Congrats to those who made it in group G! I'm a little bummed I won't be able to continue in the contest but it was fun while it lasted.

And thanks Yue for the comments, it's a confidence booster to know that someone enjoyed it!
the JOSH

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:49 pm

meleechampion wrote:
Mally wrote:YAYYYY!!! I'm passed round one! *Talks to the screen* I'M THROUGH MAYNE I'M THROUGH!
Damn straight. I have you winning your group, so 3rd place ain't gonna cut it! Good luck. :D
OK BRO!!! *serious face mally*

I'll spend each day of editing for round 2 wisely!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group F & H Results]

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 am

Have some results |:>

Return to “The Quickening 2012”