Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group F & H Results]

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group E Results]

Post by irriadin » Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 am

That's rather unfair, Yue. It's more about how power can corrupt. You take a "genius / prodigy" and give him essentially the ultimate power of life and death, and watch his character devolve into madness.

SatoshiSakura
Org Profile

Post by SatoshiSakura » Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 am

Pwolf wrote:The bribe money you sent the judges made it us before we started judging...

/me buys another 24" monitor
I take it that it was the right amount? :ying:
Radical_Yue wrote:
SatoshiSakura wrote:Congrats everyone! Personally, I don't understand how mine made it to round 2. :?
My opinion doesn't really matter since I don't get a say in voting and such, but as someone who hasn't really seen any of the sources used this round, yours made the most sense. Yes, it lacked in technical ability and the audio was indeed derpy (as Oto put it, I lol'd at that) but it had the most clear concept. This is probably due to the fact that Death Note is just that well known so it's easy to follow. I read some of the comments on the other videos where people who have seen the series say "Oh! That makes perfect sense!" But for someone that hasn't, unless you know the basic storyline and look for it, it was a bit more difficult to figure out what they're going for.

So yes, technical aspects are one of the things the judges look for. But a clear concept and/or story is another. So far a decent amount of videos are hurting because while they're technically impressive, you could basically replace the source with anything since it has no connection to the song. In this situation, it was the opposite.

Once more, my opinion doesn't really count, but that's kind of the trend I've been noticing.
Ah, ok, I see. Thanks for the explanation. And yes, the audio was about as derpy as you can get. (I lol'd at that too, definitely my favorite comment.)

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 am

irriadin wrote:That's rather unfair, Yue. It's more about how power can corrupt. You take a "genius / prodigy" and give him essentially the ultimate power of life and death, and watch his character devolve into madness.

Go chew on your putter, Ryyna. :P

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Fri May 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Congrats to everyone who made it through xD |:>
Kinda glad I got eliminated cause now I can focus on my otakon video :ying:

Good luck to everyone :shark:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat May 26, 2012 4:08 pm

The images with info for Lloyd9988 and xPauChan 's Group D videos apparently don't exist anymore. Just an FYI
ImageImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat May 26, 2012 4:52 pm

ngsilver wrote:The images with info for Lloyd9988 and xPauChan 's Group D videos apparently don't exist anymore. Just an FYI

Odd, thanks for catching that. I'll get it fixed as soon as I have access to my PC.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
ngsilver wrote:The images with info for Lloyd9988 and xPauChan 's Group D videos apparently don't exist anymore. Just an FYI

Odd, thanks for catching that. I'll get it fixed as soon as I have access to my PC.
When are group A round 2 results getting posted?

Just curious.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I've just reinstalled Windows (trouble and reinstalling took me almost THREE DAYS) and am going to rate the videos right now. Sorry for any delay for the impatient~ ;>

(except one of my archives is corrupted, it seems ^^;; Well, rated the other one at least and will reDL and rate within hours!)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon May 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:I've just reinstalled Windows (trouble and reinstalling took me almost THREE DAYS) and am going to rate the videos right now. Sorry for any delay for the impatient~ ;>
Wasn't being impatient, lol. Was just curious. Glad you got your computer up and running. I just got myself a new monitor as well, cuz my old one fizzled out.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon May 28, 2012 6:06 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:I've just reinstalled Windows (trouble and reinstalling took me almost THREE DAYS) and am going to rate the videos right now. Sorry for any delay for the impatient~ ;>
Wasn't being impatient, lol. Was just curious. Glad you got your computer up and running. I just got myself a new monitor as well, cuz my old one fizzled out.
I've just bought new GFX and proc fan before it happened, glad it didn't crash along with it ^^;;

Return to “The Quickening 2012”