The Quickening - Videos

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
HaydenST
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Videos

Post by HaydenST » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Kinematics wrote:I've not seen the original, so I don't know if the psychedelic colors are part of the source or due to editing; I'm going to assume editing. Seemed to be well used as a way to emphasize the psychological aspect of the song.
This is one the source, yes so this is editing

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Kinematics wrote: While I know Sekirei is well known for its fanservice shots, the panty shots at 0:55 and 1:54 just didn't seem to blend with the surrounding action...
First of all, this isn't Sekirei, it's Freezing which is pretty much nothing but naked combat. And the shot at 1:54 is there for a specific reason. ("back" as in "baby got back", a bit of a stretch for a joke, but hopefully somebody gets it)

Other than that I actually agree with most of your points. I had to make several concessions due to time restrictions and the lip sync in the beginning was done essentially from scratch right before the deadline. :|

Kinematics
Org Profile

Post by Kinematics » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Copycat_Revolver wrote:First of all, this isn't Sekirei, it's Freezing which is pretty much nothing but naked combat.
Had a feeling I should have looked up the name of the series instead of going by fuzzy memory. ("Always double check your sources.") :p Sorry for that flub.
Copycat_Revolver wrote:And the shot at 1:54 is there for a specific reason. ("back" as in "baby got back", a bit of a stretch for a joke, but hopefully somebody gets it)
And yes, I kinda got the sense that it was for that lyric match (though it took 2-3 watches before it really sunk in), but I was considering it more from the perspective of the video flow, where it was just dropped in in a way that didn't match what else was going on. There were a couple other jokes to match the lyrics, but they melded well with the video flow, so weren't an issue.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Kinematics wrote:[Lloyd9988] The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0

Starts too early. Have a good 4 seconds of silence before the first rumble, probably shouldn't be more than 2.

Contrast/saturation levels at 0:23 are way too high.

Color tone impacts to match the beat from 0:25 onwards worked well, especially for transitioning to full color view for the video.

0:42-0:43 -- way too dark

Some ugly artifacting in 0:43-0:45 (possibly source?)

1:28 -- too bright

... I *really* coulda done without the eye removal surgery.. >.>

This video has a slightly different take on the "We're all here 'cause we lost control" portion of the lyric, where 'lost control' is past rather than present tense; ie: penance for past failure, rather than justification for current violence. However it only seems to hold onto that theme for a portion of the video, and falls back to the standard interpretation in the latter half. I think that split focus is what weakens your video the most, as there's not enough strength and focus in either half (after the introductory segments).
Yeah, lol, I pretty much agree with everything, especially with the last one. :P i.e. I wanted to focus on that story of losing control in jail but I guess I lost my main focus on the story or I couldn't find the right scenes?? Idk, but that was the part I was really struggling with was the later half. xD Anyway, thanks for your analysis, I'mma see if I can fix it up before I put it on the org. :P Also, That eye-removal surgery was totally necessary :awesome: (Actually, I should've gotten rid of it)

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:20 pm

argh lloyd, why you make this so hard :x

On the one hand, I think your video is clearly the weakest of the group purely on technical qualities. On the other hand, I thought your video was the best thought-out and best-matched as far as sources and atmosphere go. This made for some agonizing inner debate as far as judging.

Good luck to you, group. Results soon :bear:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 am

Otohiko wrote:argh lloyd, why you make this so hard :x

On the one hand, I think your video is clearly the weakest of the group purely on technical qualities. On the other hand, I thought your video was the best thought-out and best-matched as far as sources and atmosphere go. This made for some agonizing inner debate as far as judging.

Good luck to you, group. Results soon :bear:
Because if it wasn't hard to judge, then I would've lost in Round 1. :awesome: Actually. . . I still think I should've lost back then. Oh, question, can I see the score-sheet on technicalities?? I wanna see what I can do to fix my technical mistakes. :P

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Group G Round 2 videos are up!

animAe
Org Profile

Post by animAe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Glad to be done with this round ^^ I was hoping not to get a action song but atleast the song was pretty decent!

I have my doubts on on who will make it to the next round from the group so I shall now rename my video entry as:

Evangelion 4.44: You Can (Not) Quicken :bear:

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm

YAYUHHH!!! DONE! With Round 2.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:56 am

Alright.

GROUP G TOTALLY ROCKS! :ying: