Round 1 (COMPLETE!)

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
HaydenST
Org Profile

Re: Round 1

Post by HaydenST » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Go Kuro :awesome:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Yue, you should throw in a general discussion thread or something because I didn't really know where to throw this question at xD:
Does the whole group have to edit to one song, or is each person given a different song?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Yue, you should throw in a general discussion thread or something because I didn't really know where to throw this question at xD:
Does the whole group have to edit to one song, or is each person given a different song?
Everyone in the bracket will be editing to the same song. That means only 22 (or 23, I have my notes at home >>;) songs out of the 300+ I received will actually be used.

I would highly recommend for people to check out videos from the original Quickening tournament. Some of them are really amazing and it'll give you a general idea of what is expected. http://en.amv-france.com/concours/quick ... e_resultat

The rules for the original Quickening and are version are a bit different, but overall it's the same general concept.

EDIT: As for those curious about how the songs will be randomized for the contest, I have made a list with all the rounds and am assigning a number to each song I received. I am then putting all the numbers 1 - X into http://www.random.org/lists/ and am taking the songs that show up at the top. Such as the first randomized result (say it's #42) shows up as #1 on the list, that song is assigned to the first match, Group A R1, with the #2 result being assigned to Group B R1, etc..

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh I'm against jade_eyed_angel... Interesting x)
And then after Kireblue or xDreww... I wish I could be against Drew, would be fun, I'm sure he'ld love to beat me, wouldn't you dude? :asd:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Also, last question: I heard that it was free-for-all in round 1, but the way the brackets look tell me that it's 1v1. So is it 1v1? O:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Yes, the brackets are in a 1 v 1 style but it's primarily used for keeping track of who is where. The tournament is a free for all. The matches are NOT 1 v 1.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Strongest Group C?
Weakest Group B?
Strong/weak = how many names I recognize.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:03 pm

meleechampion wrote:Strongest Group C?
Weakest Group B?
Strong/weak = how many names I recognize.
Strongest is Group H, dude. Group H REPRESENT!

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Yes, the brackets are in a 1 v 1 style but it's primarily used for keeping track of who is where. The tournament is a free for all. The matches are NOT 1 v 1.
Oh, thank goodness =w=
xDDD
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Yes, the brackets are in a 1 v 1 style but it's primarily used for keeping track of who is where. The tournament is a free for all. The matches are NOT 1 v 1.
I feel relieved from hearing this XD

Return to “The Quickening 2012”