The Quickening - Videos

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Videos

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 am

after seeing all the entries.

my nominees:
Spoiler :

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:23 am

My thoughts on Group D's videos.

CaramellDansen: The biggest problem I thought was that the scenes chosen were way to slow for the song. Decent sync and great visuals. Overall pretty decent. :)

D is for Dance: First thing, very interesting source selections, especially in the beginning. :o
Not sure, but I got the hint of laziness once the second half of the video started, since it was basically one continuous scene. :| I could be wrong though. Still most scenes fit, so not bad.

Furry Heart: First off, :lol: this one had me laughing quite a bit, it was funny. Some decent sync, alright scene selection, and overall fun to watch.

High Fructose Dancefloor: Some good sync in there. Great quality. :D I felt it was a little effect heavy though. Overall enjoyable to watch.

Magicarl Dansen: Interesting source. One thing, when it said "Let's Go" I expected it to really pick up, but rather it stayed really slow for the most part. Especially when they were just standing around. :| Felt like the source didn't really fit. However it was put together alright.

Puellamere Dansen: Awesome sync, especially when the soul gem beat to the music. :awesome: Great visuals. I felt like some better scenes could have been chosen though. Overall I liked it quite a bit.

Rated M for MMMMM!: Loved the source selection! :ying: Showed off the hilariousness of the anime quite well. Just basic editing was all I saw, but that was all it needed I felt. Unfortunately I had to stop watching around halfway through once it hit the second season. I have not gotten into the second season yet and wanted to avoid any spoilers. :sweat: Overall all though I really liked it and great job.

Overall I did not quite get the video I was hoping for, as I was hoping for a more fast-paced dance video, but thats okay. These all had their own charm.

My personal favs were Puellamere Dansen for the awesome sync, and Rated M for MMMMM! because of the source selection and how well I thought it fit. :P

With that being said I want to say great job to everyone, they were all good. I'm sure you all had a hard enough time with this song, since from what I saw it didn't seem to fit most of your styles. But you all still pulled through and released some decent vids, so take a break now, you all deserve it. :bear:

xPauChan
Org Profile

Post by xPauChan » Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 am

MasterZero8 wrote:My thoughts on Group D's videos.

CaramellDansen: The biggest problem I thought was that the scenes chosen were way to slow for the song. Decent sync and great visuals. Overall pretty decent. :)

D is for Dance: First thing, very interesting source selections, especially in the beginning. :o
Not sure, but I got the hint of laziness once the second half of the video started, since it was basically one continuous scene. :| I could be wrong though. Still most scenes fit, so not bad.

Furry Heart: First off, :lol: this one had me laughing quite a bit, it was funny. Some decent sync, alright scene selection, and overall fun to watch.

High Fructose Dancefloor: Some good sync in there. Great quality. :D I felt it was a little effect heavy though. Overall enjoyable to watch.

Magicarl Dansen: Interesting source. One thing, when it said "Let's Go" I expected it to really pick up, but rather it stayed really slow for the most part. Especially when they were just standing around. :| Felt like the source didn't really fit. However it was put together alright.

Puellamere Dansen: Awesome sync, especially when the soul gem beat to the music. :awesome: Great visuals. I felt like some better scenes could have been chosen though. Overall I liked it quite a bit.

Rated M for MMMMM!: Loved the source selection! :ying: Showed off the hilariousness of the anime quite well. Just basic editing was all I saw, but that was all it needed I felt. Unfortunately I had to stop watching around halfway through once it hit the second season. I have not gotten into the second season yet and wanted to avoid any spoilers. :sweat: Overall all though I really liked it and great job.

Overall I did not quite get the video I was hoping for, as I was hoping for a more fast-paced dance video, but thats okay. These all had their own charm.

My personal favs were Puellamere Dansen for the awesome sync, and Rated M for MMMMM! because of the source selection and how well I thought it fit. :P

With that being said I want to say great job to everyone, they were all good. I'm sure you all had a hard enough time with this song, since from what I saw it didn't seem to fit most of your styles. But you all still pulled through and released some decent vids, so take a break now, you all deserve it. :bear:
I'm the one who did D id for Dance =3 So I like the fact you realized my laziness xD But I don't know what you mean by one continous scene. If you meant that I just threw in a dance scene and left it like that for one min, then you're wrong. Actually most of the clips used in the second part are probably shorther than one second and I changed the velocity of almost all of them-but I don't know if that's really editing xD-
But you're right, I should have put more effort into it :< I just hated the song to be honest, especially after finishing the first 30 seconds- which took me 4 days btw xD-

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:47 am

bleh, all the group D videos used pretty anime and it was like watching the same one over and over... until i got to "Rated M for MMMM"... It was different and I really enjoyed it... the only one I didn't have the urge to turn off half way thru... So yeah, no matter how it does, I Liked it the best!

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon May 14, 2012 1:48 am

Wow... "do I want to watch 8 7 caramell dansen videos"...

I didn't think I'd face another conundrum so soon after "do I want to watch 8 7 6 5 bangarang videos"

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:57 am

AMV_4000 wrote:bleh, all the group D videos used pretty anime and it was like watching the same one over and over... until i got to "Rated M for MMMM"... It was different and I really enjoyed it... the only one I didn't have the urge to turn off half way thru... So yeah, no matter how it does, I Liked it the best!
I agree with this xD

Rated M for MMM! Was unique and awesomeness :awesome: I bet Project Barcode Editor knew most of us would use Magical Girl for our AMVs so he totally f***ed with us. xD

Also, Furry Heart and High Fructose have my vote

I was watching Furry Heart thinking: "Did Shin join our group without us knowing it??" But then I remember Simplicityy's in our group and then it all makes sense :P

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 am

Time for meleechampion's "keepin it positive" superlatives

riccardocasu - best use of neon
d is for dance - best video copilot
furry heart - best source selection
high fructose - best scene selection
magicarl - best camera shake
puellamere - best sped up footage
rated m - best MMMMMMntro

fuck, I didn't even watch all of all of them... so tired uh... picks:
1 (why not)
3 (squids=interested, nichijou=glued-to-my-seat)
4 (maybe my favorite)
and 7 (you had me at MMMMMMhello)

nonpicks because
2, second half of the video... really? just... wow ok, why is the first half so... you know what just... nevermind
5, I didn't even watch this one really
6, yeah so tired

I'm a terrible judge. Where's my dart board...

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Mon May 14, 2012 4:14 am

Rated M made me laugh a lot, so this is my favorite one! xD
But I have to say the videos are all good ones, so it'll be a hard choice for the judges :3
Good job guys!

xPauChan
Org Profile

Post by xPauChan » Mon May 14, 2012 4:27 am

meleechampion wrote:Time for meleechampion's "keepin it positive" superlatives

riccardocasu - best use of neon
d is for dance - best video copilot
furry heart - best source selection
high fructose - best scene selection
magicarl - best camera shake
puellamere - best sped up footage
rated m - best MMMMMMntro

fuck, I didn't even watch all of all of them... so tired uh... picks:
1 (why not)
3 (squids=interested, nichijou=glued-to-my-seat)
4 (maybe my favorite)
and 7 (you had me at MMMMMMhello)

nonpicks because
2, second half of the video... really? just... wow ok, why is the first half so... you know what just... nevermind
5, I didn't even watch this one really
6, yeah so tired

I'm a terrible judge. Where's my dart board...
Lol xD Yup second half of my video is just ... awful xD
But I have a question: what do you mean by best video copilot ?

xPauChan
Org Profile

Post by xPauChan » Mon May 14, 2012 4:32 am

And I am really sorry Ashy :/ Didn't manage to do anything good :< Now that I've seen the viddies, I just hope I don't end up last xD

Return to “The Quickening 2012”