Best No-Effects Video (The Not Very Effective Award)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Best No-Effects Video (The Not Very Effective Award)

Post by Ileia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah, and it's not in with the Special Effects category. Can someone just sliiiide it on over?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Ileia wrote:Yeah, and it's not in with the Special Effects category. Can someone just sliiiide it on over?
I fully support this.
Honestly, this is a big misunderstanding. For some reason PencilHead is listed as not having effects >.>

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Don't break the tradition! |:
we are awesome

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Kinda surprised I got in on this. Yay!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Written in the Spirals is probably like, my favorite video from last year. But it's not a "No-Effects" video. I mean, c'mon :roll:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:36 pm

irriadin wrote:Written in the Spirals is probably like, my favorite video from last year. But it's not a "No-Effects" video. I mean, c'mon :roll:
Maybe "Use of Effects" should be defined more specifically. IMO a video that uses effects as illusions for the purpose of helping the video flow (i.e. Written in the Spirals) should qualify as a "No-Effects" video. But if the video is designed specifically with special effects in mind to change the look of the original footage (i.e. Extraball) then that should define it as a "Use of Effects" video, if that makes sense.

that's just me tho. :book:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
irriadin wrote:Written in the Spirals is probably like, my favorite video from last year. But it's not a "No-Effects" video. I mean, c'mon :roll:
Maybe "Use of Effects" should be defined more specifically. IMO a video that uses effects as illusions for the purpose of helping the video flow (i.e. Written in the Spirals) should qualify as a "No-Effects" video. But if the video is designed specifically with special effects in mind to change the look of the original footage (i.e. Extraball) then that should define it as a "Use of Effects" video, if that makes sense.

that's just me tho. :book:
I see your point. But when I think of "No-Effects" I tend to think of like, nothing at all. Just hard cuts, crossfades and what have you. There's a bit of gray area, but I think anything with dramatic transitions (like the blur / clear bar effect thing at 00:37 in Written in the Spirals), radial blur and etc. classifies as not a "no-effects" video.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:53 pm

"No effects" means "No effects" it's pretty simple. Purpose or intent or method doesn't have to do with it. You either used them or did not use them. It'd be nice if the blatantly mus-categorized videos got taken care of this round - what's the procedure for that? It's not clear from any of the rules.

EDIT: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 1&t=108217
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:55 pm

irriadin wrote:I see your point. But when I think of "No-Effects" I tend to think of like, nothing at all. Just hard cuts, crossfades and what have you. There's a bit of gray area, but I think anything with dramatic transitions (like the blur / clear bar effect thing at 00:37 in Written in the Spirals), radial blur and etc. classifies as not a "no-effects" video.
this is true, i forgot about those.

well another example would be to use a crop effect to cut out lip flap. i wouldn't consider that a "use of effects" video.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:18 am

Rider4Z wrote:
irriadin wrote:I see your point. But when I think of "No-Effects" I tend to think of like, nothing at all. Just hard cuts, crossfades and what have you. There's a bit of gray area, but I think anything with dramatic transitions (like the blur / clear bar effect thing at 00:37 in Written in the Spirals), radial blur and etc. classifies as not a "no-effects" video.
this is true, i forgot about those.

well another example would be to use a crop effect to cut out lip flap. i wouldn't consider that a "use of effects" video.
And those are covered in the category description.
Best No-Effects Video wrote:Entrants to this category will be limited to basic edits like cuts, simple transitions, simple text, and very subtle masking (such as lip flap removal).
Not a gray area at all.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”