Best No-Effects Video (The Not Very Effective Award)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Best No-Effects Video (The Not Very Effective Award)

Post by Ileia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Yeah, I'm not really joking. I barely ever use effects.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:25 pm

if there was an edit button in this thread i would remove your name promptly.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Rider4Z wrote:if there was an edit button in this thread i would remove your name promptly.
There in fact is.
Spoiler :
It only takes supporting this fine site.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Spoiler :
If i didn't pay for my anime i could probably afford to donate again :( in the meantime i'll have to live without the edit button and "search by opinion count".
[Mod 262: Request granted - Original post edited. Average Anime Box Set: $35.00+....Minimum Donation to Support the Greatest AMV Site There Is: $12.00....An Edit Button: Priceless]

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Dreamer
I absolutely love this video. Great pacing, great atmosphere, and great scene selection. Whimsical, playful, and enjoyable all around, I don't have that many complaints or much else to say about this video. Effective use of match cuts and crossfades.

Hold on To That Feeling
I really like this video. Its a fun watch but I prefer some of the other videos in this category a little more. It has great pacing and flow along with some pretty slick internal and beat syncing elements. My only complaint is that some of the anime sources look strange together in one video like Ah My Goddess with Macross Frontier, but its a minor complaint if anything.

I'm a Kitty Cat
Meow Meow Meow. A fun silly watch, but I think all the other videos in the category have more lasting appeal then a silly meme parody.

Soul Removal
Well put together considering it was made for a 72-hour IC contest. Good Pacing, good beat syncing. The scene selection is a little strange towards the end with getting stabbed is set to the lyrics about it being a good life, but the overall video is hardly lyrically synced anyways and if you let yourself get taken in by the atmosphere is a pretty solid watch.

The Pretty Cure for the Common Magical Girl
Epic magical girls is epic. Pretty insane syncage all over the place and its got this sweet magical ass kicking vibe all throughout and fun silly moments as well. Some people complain that it cuts out at the end and that it switches to something else entirely, but I found that enjoyable still. Overall a really fun and upbeat piece.

For this category I would say my pick is between Dreamer and The Pretty Cure. I think Dreamer has a very slight edge though. |:>

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Rider4Z wrote:[Mod 262: Request granted - Original post edited. Average Anime Box Set: $35.00+....Minimum Donation to Support the Greatest AMV Site There Is: $12.00....An Edit Button: Priceless]
Spoiler :
slight difference - boxsets are a permanent purchase. donation benefits are temporary. the org is not the center of my world and far from perfect. while i appreciate much of what this site has to offer, it would not even be in function if anime ceases to exist because people continue to download and pirate their footage instead of being legit and supporting what they claim to adore.

major props to those of you who can afford to support anime AND this site. as for me i'm sorry, but between debt, mortgage, car payment, insurance, bills, property taxes, and other various anomalies, the org is just not very high on my priority list right now.

and i don't appreciate being made an example of.

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Soul Removal
Well put together considering it was made for a 72-hour IC contest. Good Pacing, good beat syncing. The scene selection is a little strange towards the end with getting stabbed is set to the lyrics about it being a good life, but the overall video is hardly lyrically synced anyways and if you let yourself get taken in by the atmosphere is a pretty solid watch.
Haha, yes, that made me laugh probably more than it should have. I'm like "If that's a good life, I'd hate to see a bad life!" :lol:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Also, yes, Dreamer \o/

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”