Best Romantic Video (The Brock of Love)

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Best Romantic Video (The Brock of Love)

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:39 am

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:50 am

since this AMV came out on New Years Eve, I think that it was probably overlooked.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 pm

kireblue wrote:since this AMV came out on New Years Eve, I think that it was probably overlooked.

Oh, no way! Thought for sure it was 2012 hahaha.

x23125236
Image Image

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:58 am

All That You Can't Leave Behind
This video is really well executed. An amazing crossover and a lot of good technical execution no doubt about that. However, for best romance, I don't think it really brings the goods. Yeah, faye and vash get together in it, but you don't really get hit by that deep sense of romance and the romance is incidental to a larger structure/story that is going on really.

Dare to Love Again
CLANNAD. Good stuff and seeing that it uses clannad in a romance AMV there are always expectations to meet, and for the most part this video does that. It has some pretty powerful and strong moments in it and its really well paced. The lip sync in the beginning seems to be an issue for some people, while some think its great others think that the way the lips are drawn in look silly/humorous and ends up detracting from the video.

Enchanted
KIMI NI TODOKE! The editing is great in its simplicity. It utilizes at most some simple blurs and vingettees, and if you want you can include some of the panning/zooming and the zoom style transitions, but regardless this really lets the viewer take in the strongest aspect of the video and thats the scene selection. The scene selection to tell this romantic tale is incredibly strong and effective that you can really feel the tugging on your heartstrings. On top of that, the scene selection is really strong for 5 minutes which is almost to ridiculous to think about. Its hard to find a flaw in this video for me, maybe a few scenes could have been stronger in the beginning when its at its slowest.

Futuristic Lover
This is a great video, amazing sync and flow and has a lot of elements going for it. I can see the romance elements in it, but like All That You Can't Leave Behind it feels more incidental to the overall structure of the video. I'll talk more about the other aspects in the other categories, but for romance I'm not feeling it as strong as some of the other videos in the category.

You For Me
I can't really comment on this very well since I can't give an accurate review on my own things most of the time. I made it more to be a fun cheery romance type video with no real depth to it other than to just have a happy moment watching it. Dare to Love Again and Enchanted are both much deeper in their emotional intensity and much stronger in terms of contenders for Romance.

So for me its really between Dare to Love Again and Enchanted. While I enjoy both, I think my vote ultimately goes to Enchanted. To me the emotional richness and those feelings of 'pure' romance is much stronger in Enchanted. When it comes down to it, what I want in my romance is kind of that high school first time romance feeling of discovery, excitement, and cuteness and Enchanted is the only one that really delivers that on all fronts.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:58 am

Futuristic Lover takes it, for me. There's something amazing, nay, downright HYPNOTIC about the editing. And DAMN if the scene selection isn't perfect. ESPECIALLY in the first 20 seconds. Between Senjōgahara's knowing grin and the seductive glances from the other characters, it's clear that this song isn't romantic so much as it is about base carnal desire and obsession.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:47 am

All That You Can't Leave Behind: Doesn't feel like its romantic... enough.
Enchanted: Its just a bit too long for me. Good, but too long ='D
Futuristic Lover: Too dance-type feeling for me.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:49 pm

irriadin wrote:There's something amazing, nay, downright HYPNOTIC about the editing.
This. but for another category :P
Get outta here with that cheesyness. :P

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”