AWA

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:50 pm

I plan to enter the Pro contest, I live in Canada, how much do I need to send for a return postage?
I had this problem last year and could not get US Stamps. This year I bought $12.00 worth of US stamps while I was at JACON. I do believe you can go the the US Post Office Web site and get a cost from Atlanta to Canada (I've not yet tried that). Then I'll just add a bit more just in case. Otherwisr I'll have to beg Quu to atleast see if he can get ma an apporximate cost...

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:02 pm

Well, based on the international calculator on the US Postal site, it looks like $13.25 is the price to ship to Canada from the US (seems location doesn't matter) for Air parcel!

UUUGGG, I've only got $10.80 worth of US stamps! I guess I have to buy more at OTAKON...

BTW Quu, to what address can I Fed Ex my entires to since I'll be sending them it seems after OTAKON (i.e. July 30)...

Vlad[/quote]

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:29 pm

I figured i would cut and paste from the web site

^_^
------------------------

Video Art Track
http://www.awa-con.com/vat/
-----------------------
"Your entry's shipping package should be clearly labeled with the full name of the contest you are entering as follows:

ATTN: AWA 8 Music Video Exposition
ATTN: AWA 8 Professional Awards
ATTN: AWA 8 Masters
ATTN: AWA 8 Dance Music Video Contest
If multiple contests are entered, please list all applicable contests:

ATTN: AWA 8 Music Video Exposition ; AWA 8 Masters
Please be certain that the name of the contest you wish to enter is the same on both the tape and the outer packaging envelope.

Mail all entries to:

ATTN: . . .
c/o Patrick Bohnet
2955 Lula Ln.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
"

AMVUserII
Org Profile

Post by AMVUserII » Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:31 pm

I'm racing on my AMV to make the deadline the way things are looking I may be able to make the Pro if I get my AMV done fast enough......
-Next Generation Films Inc. (NGF)

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:56 pm

Quu wrote:I am haoping to have a little note pad...

basically all of the videos with space for notes

going to include this if i can for everybody
Well even if you can't include a notepad for everyone a posted list of the videos in the order they will be shown on a web site before the con and/or a printed listed of the same at the door would be very helpful. That way I can make notes on my own and I don't have to panic about catching the video's title and other information.

While this will be my first time hanging around the VAT I plan on seeing everything I can and I'm sure I can find a good use of my laptop for note taking (and maybe early online posting).

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:59 pm

Quu wrote:I am haoping to have a little note pad...
basically all of the videos with space for notes
going to include this if i can for everybody
For Otakon's at-home judging, Matt included a few pages listing all of the video information with space for score, suggested category, and notes. That was neat. (it was partly because they don't have online voting, but they have enough to worry about ^_^;)

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:56 am

one of the problems of having a list of videos at the con that we will show... is that the server is setup for on demand showings...

who ever is running the room at that time gets to choose what shows.... we prefer that level of flexibility ... over a regimented listing....

basically except for the pre programed blocks (like the showings for the contest) everythign else is free form

Shulocc
Org Profile

Post by Shulocc » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:40 pm

I have a question? How many members here are going? I live an hour from ATL in good ole Al and plan on throwing a party afterwards. If you need a place to stay, the guys from MercuryFiveProject are willing to give up some space! Looking forward to meeting some people.

Email me @
Shulocc@cableone.net

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:57 pm

Say Quu, I'm submitting digitally this year, it's just more convenient and I was wondering how many videos I can dump on one CD. I understand that I place in the text file which of the contests (be it one or more) the video will be submitted in but I just need to know how many videos I can place on the CD. Tahnks.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:49 pm

as many as will fit on a cd... you can send multiple cds

a dvd-r...

all i ask is that for every file there is a text file describing it...

Return to “Anime Conventions”