Anybody going to Otakon 2005?

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Lopmon-chan
Org Profile

Anybody going to Otakon 2005?

Post by Lopmon-chan » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:27 pm

Anybody making plans to attend Otakon in Baltimore in August? I'm going, and I'd love to meet some of you there. Also, anyone thinking of submitting some AMVs for it?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:36 pm

I'm hoping to go, but nothing's definite yet.

I'm also hoping to send a video, but nothing's definite yet there either.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Lopmon-chan
Org Profile

Post by Lopmon-chan » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:43 pm

Cool!

If you're going, or sending in a video, please let me know!

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:50 pm

I went last year and planned to go again, but since they pushed it back, it's now during the school year which will make it much tougher for me to get up there. I hope to continue my video I am making for it though and turn that in.
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:36 pm

im going there infact im just waiting for the money from my bday to come in tomarow to reserve a hotel room....and depending on how many people are comeing with me i may have a little space opened for a few more people...ill make another post if i do tough.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:44 pm

hopefully me and my friend(s) will be going there. Went last year and the year before, and pending the hotel costs and the 20,000 limit, i'll be there making an ass of myself again.

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:19 pm

Bulghod wrote:hopefully me and my friend(s) will be going there. Went last year and the year before, and pending the hotel costs and the 20,000 limit, i'll be there making an ass of myself again.

ummmmm
Otakon wrote:For the first time in our existence, Otakon is announcing that we will cap our attendance. For Otakon 2005, we will limit our memberships to 22,000.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:25 pm

Toji Fujawara wrote:
Bulghod wrote:hopefully me and my friend(s) will be going there. Went last year and the year before, and pending the hotel costs and the 20,000 limit, i'll be there making an ass of myself again.

ummmmm
Otakon wrote:For the first time in our existence, Otakon is announcing that we will cap our attendance. For Otakon 2005, we will limit our memberships to 22,000.
my bad there. must learn how to remember numbers.

although, you know that about a minute after Otakon announces that preregistration is open, that number will be down to 20,000 if not lower. :)

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:15 pm

Plan to. Have the hotel (though further away than last time); hope to get registration in time.

Hope not to be sick with convention-borne death flu this time. I kind of enjoy breathing. :x

Not sending AMVs though; I'm not that caliber and I don't like competition anyway. I'm just there to clap for everybody else. whee.

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:51 pm

Bulghod wrote:
Toji Fujawara wrote:

ummmmm
my bad there. must learn how to remember numbers.

although, you know that about a minute after Otakon announces that preregistration is open, that number will be down to 20,000 if not lower. :)
so true....i was just trying to be an ass...you know prepairing for otakon like you are :twisted:

Return to “Anime Conventions”