Anime Boston - I recommend the MBTA

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
DriftRoots
Org Profile

Anime Boston - I recommend the MBTA

Post by DriftRoots » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:29 pm

Anyone who's planning on attending Anime Boston 2004 should seriously consider taking a commuter train from an outlying area into the city, rather than attempting to navigate this twisted, permanently-under-construction, traffic-clogged city itself.

The money you will save by not having to park your car in a $29.95-dollar-a-day parking garage should be reason enough. The MBTA (which consists of a variety of modes of transportation including train, subway and bus) is easy to navigate, quite inexpensive ($1/token gets you on your way) and provides quick access to all parts of the city. Ample cheap parking is available at most stations. I also urge people who don't relish the thought of driving umpteen hours to get to Boston to consider the train as an alternative - a really great one if you don't drive/don't have a car.

Since this is an Anime convention we're talking about, I'm sure there'd be an interest in visiting Chinatown while you're at it, which has it's own, very convenient MBTA station smack dab in the middle of the "neighborhood."

Visit http://www.mbta.com for all the info.

If there's interest, maybe even "Anime Boston" groups could arrange to meet at certain stations and ride the train in/out together. Safety in numbers, you know? (j/k)

I will be taking the MBTA rail into the city from the South Attleboro station, myself, so anyone who's uneasy about riding the train/subway and is heading to Boston from this direction is welcome to tag along. Roundtrip fare is about $9 per person from this point into Central Station. :)
AMV Progress:
"D-Me" (default title until something cooler occurs to me) - uh... this one's still in the "I wanna make it" stage, but did get to 5% at one point.

Secily
Org Profile

AnimeBoston

Post by Secily » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:31 am

My cousin and I are going there I think, once I can get 200$... We live in Peobody MA, right near Salem, and I'll remind him about the subway since we plan to drive there..Thanks, your advice has saved us some money. ^_^

Rattlesnake6913
Org Profile

It's not only the cheapest way to go...

Post by Rattlesnake6913 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:52 am

It's the most sensible way to go. My friends and I are going to take the "T" up to Boston and then a Subway to Hynes Covention Center!! Roundtrip will cost all of us about $15.00/person and that's the most it's going to cost!! :)

Dragonmaster Lou
Org Profile

Post by Dragonmaster Lou » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:56 am

The only problem with using the T is that it stops running around midnight or so... Some events at the con do last far later than that.

Return to “Anime Conventions”