Are there any conventions in Australia [Brisbane] that host AMV contests?

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Cneq
Org Profile

Are there any conventions in Australia [Brisbane] that host AMV contests?

Post by Cneq » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:15 am

Hey guys

I've been making AMV's/Entering contests for around 2 years now and have really wanted the chance to attend a contest in person and since most contests are hosted in the US I haven't got the chance and the only trace of a convention in Australia hosting a contest was SMASH! but Sydney is a plane flight away.

The only anime convention I've attended has been Madman Anime Festival and it feels pretty corporate to say the least. Is there any conventions near Brisbane that host a AMV contest? or is there any plans in the future for a convention near here to start hosting one? Thanks guys

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Is there any conventions in Australia [Brisbane] that host AMV contests?

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 am

Here's a list of conventions in Australia. I don't think that any of them have AMV Contests besides Smash though.
https://animecons.com/events/schedule.php?loc=oc

And so if you really want to attend a AMV Contest, you may have to start one of your own. And If you're interested becoming a contest coordinator, the first step is to join the volunteer staff. Although you said that Madfest feels cooperate, they do seem to have fan events, and so they may be open to hosting a AMV Contest. And I'd be more than willing to give you some tips if you want to start one :D

Return to “Anime Conventions”