Anime Expo 2018 AMV Room Creator Takeover slots

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Anime Expo 2018 AMV Room Creator Takeover slots

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi everyone,

Once again, we are proud to host the AMV Theater at AX this year. We will be showing AMV programing throughout the entire duration of the convention, and we hope to see many of you there!

One of our tracks in the AMV Theater is the AMV Creator Takeover blocks. This offers AMV creators the opportunity to highlight some of their works live and in person.

As in previous years, we will give 10 minutes to each creator to talk about a few of their videos (usually 2 to 3 videos with a short into). There will be three slots in each half hour block as follows:

Block 1: Thursday, 3:45 - 4:15 PM
Block 2: Friday, 5:15 - 5:45 PM
Block 3: Saturday, 10:45 – 11-15 AM

This makes up 9 slots for creators. For all those who will be there in person and are interested in a block, please PM me (Vlad).

NOTE: that this was sent out to all contestants in the AMV contest so not all slots may be left, We do have most of the ones on Thursday

Sincerely,
The Anime Expo AMV Events Team
Troy Williams - Vlad G. Pohnert - Jason Fiore
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2018 AMV Room Creator Takeover slots

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:56 pm

I'd like one... haven't had one in a couple years.

Donaithnen
Org Profile

Post by Donaithnen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Somewhat off topic, but i don't see another thread for the AMV room.

According to the schedule the AMV competition is Thursday night, and also according to the schedule the 2008 AMV competition replay is also on thursday, from 11:45 am to 2:15 pm.

Which is fine, but according to the AMV contest page ( http://www.anime-expo.org/activity/amv_competition/ ) "Tickets are available to pick up at 2 PM outside of West Hall, near the Ticketing Booth." It's kind of vague, but since the AMV contest is the first night and they're probably not telling people to show up the day before the convention starts, so they must mean 2pm on Thursday.

So once again we need to choose between going to the AMV Competition replay and picking up tickets for the current AMV Competition?

It seems like there ought to be some way to schedule these things so they're not overlapping? I know you don't have any control over ticketing, but there must be someone in charge of coordination and planning you could mention it to so we could try and avoid having it happen again in future years?

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Donaithnen wrote:Somewhat off topic, but i don't see another thread for the AMV room.

According to the schedule the AMV competition is Thursday night, and also according to the schedule the 2008 AMV competition replay is also on thursday, from 11:45 am to 2:15 pm.

Which is fine, but according to the AMV contest page ( http://www.anime-expo.org/activity/amv_competition/ ) "Tickets are available to pick up at 2 PM outside of West Hall, near the Ticketing Booth." It's kind of vague, but since the AMV contest is the first night and they're probably not telling people to show up the day before the convention starts, so they must mean 2pm on Thursday.

So once again we need to choose between going to the AMV Competition replay and picking up tickets for the current AMV Competition?

It seems like there ought to be some way to schedule these things so they're not overlapping? I know you don't have any control over ticketing, but there must be someone in charge of coordination and planning you could mention it to so we could try and avoid having it happen again in future years?
Something we will see if it can be considered in the future, however we had to send the schedule in quote a while back and Not sure if this was even mentioned back then t when tickets would be given out.

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:26 am

If you entered the competition and weren't DQ'd you should get creator's tickets. Those are usually handed out in the AMV room but you'd have to confirm with the coordinators.

Donaithnen
Org Profile

Post by Donaithnen » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Rider4Z wrote:If you entered the competition and weren't DQ'd you should get creator's tickets. Those are usually handed out in the AMV room but you'd have to confirm with the coordinators.
I _wish_ i was a creator, but unfortunately i'm just a groupie :)

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:22 am

Donaithnen wrote:I _wish_ i was a creator, but unfortunately i'm just a groupie :)

Return to “Anime Conventions”