The long awaited AWA 2017 Dinner thread

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: The long awaited AWA 2017 Dinner thread

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Well because SOMEONE had to go and ruin it. The dinner will now be reverted to the Red Wolf schedule. We leave for Carrabbas at 10pm. Good luck on the bridge of death.

Also the roast and gameshow are now at 4pm and G-rated.
I hope you're all happy

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 am

Mr Pilkington wrote:Well because SOMEONE had to go and ruin it. The dinner will now be reverted to the Red Wolf schedule. We leave for Carrabbas at 10pm. Good luck on the bridge of death.

I hope you're all happy
If you're serious, you should update the first post and add in more details as to why the sudden change. If this is a joke, you should make it less convincing, and clearly state that its a joke (as to not confuse people with conflicting information).

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 am

The sarcasm of it seemed obvious to me. I think your worries are overblown.
ImageImage

Mr Pilkington
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am

Kireblue wrote:If this is a joke, you should make it less convincing

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Mr Pilkington wrote:Well because SOMEONE had to go and ruin it. The dinner will now be reverted to the Red Wolf schedule. We leave for Carrabbas at 10pm. Good luck on the bridge of death.

I hope you're all happy
If you're serious, you should update the first post and add in more details as to why the sudden change. If this is a joke, you should make it less convincing, and clearly state that its a joke (as to not confuse people with conflicting information).

(did you not see my post right before Phil's, making fun of him for being old and making the dinner earlier? I mean, I think that would make his joke about making the dinner super late pretty obvious... why would he change it to take place at the same time as other events in the VAT... c'mon)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:55 am

Ileia wrote:
Kireblue wrote:

I hope you're all happy

(did you not see my post right before Phil's, making fun of him for being old and making the dinner earlier? I mean, I think that would make his joke about making the dinner super late pretty obvious... why would he change it to take place at the same time as other events in the VAT... c'mon)
yeah, I saw your post, but its on a different page in the thread and not quoted in his post. And since it doesn't mention anyone by name, I wasn't 100% certain if it was referring to you or someone he was actually upset with (even though I kinda figured it was a joke). But if I wasn't 100% confident it was a joke even though I know him, I didn't want people who aren't familiar with his sarcasm to potentially get confused (especially since I don't think that that the AWA schedule was publicly available at the time he made that post).

Mr Pilkington
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Thinking was never your strongest suit

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 am

I will likely have Thursday off, so I intend to roll through.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm

I mean come on! You called it the bridge of death! Anyone who did said walk the last time we did Carraba's knows that's it's now just the bridge of mild discomfort. Where's the danger? You can't even fall down onto the freeway anymore with that fence there to catch you!
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Pilkington
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:47 am

Oh no sir, you mistake. See, I'm bringing the sawzall. It'll make short work of that fence.
Because nothing says a great evening of VATty goodness like vandalism, bridge of death and overbearing Italian waiters pushing the veal.

Return to “Anime Conventions”