AWA 2017 - VAT needs programming!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Brakus
Org Profile

AWA 2017 - VAT needs programming!

Post by Brakus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 am

Hello again! Things are chugging along for the VAT at this year's AWA. I would like to see if any of you editors would be interested in hosting some of your own panels this year. I wanted to get this knocked out earlier in the planning stages so as not to be so rushed like last year. There's a chance you might be eligible for a badge if you provide at least 2 hours' worth of content for the VAT. Be advised that we strongly prefer that we run your videos off our hardware in the VAT as opposed to off your own personal laptop. This will make playback and panel flow run more smoothly.

Come send your AMV-related panel programming suggestions to AWA's panel programming submission form on their website. Make sure you specify this is for the VAT/Video Art Track so that the panel submissions will be sent to the right place. THE DEADLINE FOR PANEL SUBMISSION IS THURSDAY, JUNE 1, 2017.

Also -- I wanted to see about getting "Indie AMVs" back on the schedule this year. Can you see if the people responsible for that can get in touch with the VAT? That would be awesome.

I do anticipate bringing back creator spotlights, and I'll get more info on that. I'm also thinking about possibly extending the individual blocks to 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes. This will depend on the other programming we get. If you want dibs on a creator spotlight slot, let us know here so we can make note of who's interested in a slot.

Thanks everybody!
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2017 - VAT needs programming!

Post by ngsilver » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:43 pm

I am interested in a Spotlight spot. I am also willing to help out with the hour that doesn't exist as per usual with CB-R if ya'll want us back again.
I might even be willing to throw a panel or two in as well.

That is if I'm attending this year. We're still deciding if we're going to make the trip or not since it'd be a mini-honeymoon for Ruu and I.
ImageImageImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Brakus wrote:I do anticipate bringing back creator spotlights, and I'll get more info on that. I'm also thinking about possibly extending the individual blocks to 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes. This will depend on the other programming we get.
While I'm not going to be there this year (;_;), I do support the idea of 15-minute spotlight blocks. I'm considering doing something similar at AnimeNEXT one day (if Vlad doesn't mind) and I always envisioned three or four 15-minute spotlights in an hour.

Of course, I always banter a lot in between videos, whether mine or someone else's. So other editors may not feel they need more time.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 am

Shoot. I forgot that the deadline for submitting panels was so early.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Conventions”