MomoCon 2017: Events & Editors' Dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

MomoCon 2017: Events & Editors' Dinner

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:04 am

Hey Everyone. I'm officially starting the thread for the MomoCon 2017 AMV Editor's dinner. Like last year, it is expected to be held at the Stats Sports Bar located about 2 blocks from the convention in downtown Atlanta. Its a great location, the price of the food is reasonable, and has something on the menu for everyone for everyone. Please respond here if you'll be in attendance |:>

I would also like to get a interest gauge for a "Editors' Social" that we could potentially have at MomoCon this year in addition to the "Editor's Dinner". The social would take place in a MomoCon suite at the Omni hotel on Thursday evening, and we'll provide games, free food, refreshments, and alcohol (for those over 21) :beer:

Reservation Information
AMV Social: Thursday May 25th, 2016 @ 7-10pm
AMV Dinner: Friday May 26th, 2016 @ 8:30pm
Location: Stats Sports Bar - 300 Marietta St, Atlanta, GA 30313

*Note: The restaurant has informed me that for very large groups, they are unable to split the bill separately for each individual person. But to compromise, they are able to split the bill by tables. So with this in mind, it is highly encouraged for everyone to bring cash to pay for what they order. Judging by the prices on their menu, $15-20 should be more than enough to cover any of the meals and a tip.

Confirmed Social* Dinner*:
1. Kireblue * *
2. MycathatesyouAMV * *
3. MadMegatax * *
4. PieandBeer * *
5. SerenityAMV *
6. jingoro * *
7. Akyrosansem (maybe)
8. PetitePurin *
9. SeanPNG * *
10. pwcagal272 * *
11. l33tmeatwad * *
12. OnyxAMVs * (maybe)
13. Tr0ubleclef * *
14. Lord Rae * (maybe)
15. Areya Isabel *
16. Mysunsai * *
17. Maboroshi Studio *
18. MomtoCutiePia *
19. That's so Pia *
20. Mercy Fox *
______
Events & Panels

AMV Workshop & Editor's Den
Throughout the entire weekend, MomoCon will have a "Editor's Den" available for use in the AMV room. This area will be complete with multiple editing computers, charging stations, and a lounge area available to editors. And once again, we'll be hosting a "AMV Workshop" where attendees can sit down with editors for 1-on-1 help with their videos. We're always looking for editors with different styles and specialties, so if you're interested in helping during the workshop, please contact me.

AMV Arena + Game Shows
AMV Arena is MomoCon's Iron Chef competition where participants edit for 2 hours with pre-selected footage that match the current theme of the convention (High Fantasy). We allow up to 5 editors to compete at a time, and the winner is decided by our panel of judges and specially selected audience members. A playlist of last year's videos can be found here. If you're interested in competing against the current champion SeanPNG, pleas contact me (the sooner the better).
Last year's AMV Arena Winner
Theme: The Glory of Flight
AMV Contest & V-Mix Awards
Main Contest Thread
Hello everyone. I'm pleased to inform you that MomoCon is now officially accepting submissions for it's 2017 AMV Contest. The submission deadline is Monday, April 24th, 2017 @ 11:59pm EST, and each finalist will receive a free 4-day membership to MomoCon 2017! The top video in each category will also receive a trophy and $25 Amazon Gift Card. The submission form for the AMV Contest can be found here

MomoCon also has a separate Video Remix (V-Mix) Competition that welcomes submissions using non-Japanese animation, original animation, machinima, video game, cosplay and even live action footage. Anime Music videos that would either be ineligible or do not fit into a main contest category are also welcome. Winners will receive an award and a free membership to next year's MomoCon (MomoCon 2018). The submission form for the V-Mix Competition can be found here

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Re: MomoCon 2017: Events & Editors' Dinner

Post by Xophilarus » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:44 pm

I am gonna list me and Shin as solid "Maybes". A lot of it depends on when I get a job, and how funding and stuff looks after that.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Xophilarus wrote:I am gonna list me and Shin as solid "Maybes". A lot of it depends on when I get a job, and how funding and stuff looks after that.
ok :up:

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Always on Thursday... :(
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:33 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:Always on Thursday... :(
I guess that we aren't required to have the dinner on Thursday. AMV arena is scheduled to end at 8:30 on Friday, so that is an option. I guess that it's just tradition to typically have the dinner on the first day of the con. But if people prefer the 2nd day, I can possibly adjust the AMV room schedule to accommodate that.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:56 pm

kireblue wrote:
I guess that we aren't required to have the dinner on Thursday. AMV arena is scheduled to end at 8:30 on Friday, so that is an option. I guess that it's just tradition to typically have the dinner on the first day of the con. But if people prefer the 2nd day, I can possibly adjust the AMV room schedule to accommodate that.
Due to my wife's work she can never make Thursday night...
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:29 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
kireblue wrote:
Due to my wife's work she can never make Thursday night...
ok. I just added Friday May 26th, 2016 @ 8:30pm EST as a possible date

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Hey everyone. I would like to get a interest gauge for a "Editors' Social" that we could potentially have at MomoCon this year in addition to the "Editor's Dinner". The social would take place in a MomoCon suite at the Omni hotel on Thursday evening, and we'll provide games, free food, refreshments, and alcohol (for those over 21).

The "Editors' Dinner" will then be moved to Friday night, and will take place at the Stats Sports Bar located about 2 blocks from the convention.

SerenityAMV
Org Profile

Post by SerenityAMV » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 pm

I can more than likely make it on Friday. Thursday at 7 is pushing it for me

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 pm

SerenityAMV wrote:I can more than likely make it on Friday. Thursday at 7 is pushing it for me
hmmm. 7pm might actually be a little early to start the social. I'm open to starting it at a later time if people want.

Return to “Anime Conventions”