AMV Audio Swap Panel @ AWA 2016 [Playlist]

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

AMV Audio Swap Panel @ AWA 2016 [Playlist]

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:41 am

Panel Description: Every AMV editor knows that picking the right song is crucial to making a good AMV. But sometimes you just gotta hit shuffle! Join in as we bring a fresh new spin to some of your favorite AMVs. We guarantee that you'll never look at them the same again.

Hey everyone. For the 2nd AWA in a row, I hosted a AMV Audio Swap panel with sasukechanx where we took popular AMVs and swapped out their audio with new songs. To say the least, we produce some really funny and interesting results that are sometimes better than the original :asd: . Like last year, I'm deciding to upload all the audio swapped videos and make them available to the public to view. Hope you all enjoy :D . We go sso much good feebback from the panel, that I'm actually considering starting a AMV Competition just for fun where everyone audio swaps a AMV from someone else and then vote for their favorites (similar to how AWA Pro is voted on). If anyone is interested in something like this, feel free to let me know or post suggestions for it.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AMV Audio Swap Panel @ AWA 2015 [Playlist]

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:04 pm

that was a fun panel

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:36 pm

It's cool from an AMV editor's perspective (because they are usually familiar with the videos and titles) but in order to ensure that the average con-goer has a good reference point, I would have suggested playing the original video first before playing the audio swap. Just saying the AMV title and the "new" title doesn't accomplish the same. Knowing the original song and what the video looked like previously allows for the audience to appreciate how amusing it is when the new song just happens to sync up.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:04 am

I'm really amused by this , very nice idea. Fracture really had me rolling there :rofl:
Still better than that MMO.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Ileia wrote:It's cool from an AMV editor's perspective (because they are usually familiar with the videos and titles) but in order to ensure that the average con-goer has a good reference point, I would have suggested playing the original video first before playing the audio swap. Just saying the AMV title and the "new" title doesn't accomplish the same. Knowing the original song and what the video looked like previously allows for the audience to appreciate how amusing it is when the new song just happens to sync up.
Thanks for your feedback :D . I'm not completely sure whether or not I want to show the original AMV because it will use up time and force me to show even less videos. But your point is definitely valid, and you're right about the editors having a better reference point than the average con attendee. So that's definitely something I'll consider for future installments of the panel :up:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Yeah, that can be repetitive. When we did it in the past for AWA, we made it into a game with audience participation. We played the original video, then chose an audience member, played music samples, and let them pick which one they thought worked best (or worst). We had all of them pre-made so they all fit, no matter what was chosen, haha. >_>
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:58 am

Ileia wrote:Yeah, that can be repetitive. When we did it in the past for AWA, we made it into a game with audience participation. We played the original video, then chose an audience member, played music samples, and let them pick which one they thought worked best (or worst). We had all of them pre-made so they all fit, no matter what was chosen, haha. >_>
oh that sounds like a great audience participation panel :ying: that would justify playing the same vid twice.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: AMV Audio Swap Panel @ AWA 2016 [Playlist]

Post by Kireblue » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:58 pm

Updated with 2016 Playlist

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Pocketful of Psychological was AWESOME. If you had told me that was someone's intended conceptualisation, I'd have believed you.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

CeliaPhantomhive
Org Profile

Post by CeliaPhantomhive » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:17 pm

You should totally create an amv audio swap youtube channel
It's the most beautiful concept of our amv generation
:shark:

Return to “Anime Conventions”