Post corbo bash..... theres a pun in there!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:01 am

Hmmm, I guess I'll throw in some comments...

I would like to propose that Nick Corbo change his name to "Jose Corbo" because of his tireless devotion to the bartending duties at every Corbo Bash.

Mass tequila shots are cool. Accidentally downing the first one immediately because I didn't know we were doing mass tequila shots, not so cool. Especially since that second shot I took induced my gag reflex. Cheap tequila is BAD. Remember that folks. Bad bad BAD.

Rick is a pimp. We don't need to scrounge up girls for a party. Just bring Rick. The girls will follow.

Drinking massive amounts of alcohol does not necessarily confer great strength. Case in point: I lost when I tried to arm-wrestle Brad. Badly. Of course, he'd been drinking too so maybe he was superhumanly strong as well. BAH. Feats of strength, my ass! :)

Passing out for a couple of hours only to get back up again and continue partying. It's like a boot-and-rally without the boot!

Waking up from passing out to find Tom wiping shaving cream on my stomach is an odd feeling. I can only guess at what he was trying to accomplish. Either he wanted to shave my pubic hair or perform psychic surgery on me. I'm really REALLY hoping for the latter.

I like Cheezits. Chex Mix ain't so bad either.

Passing the torch of playerhood onto Mike. Did I ever tell you about the spicy tuna handroll? Hahaha. Did I really say that or did you paraphrase? Not like I remember either way, but hey good job with the catgirl! :wink:

There was a lot of other stuff that happened too but my memory is all out of whack. I'll remember it eventually I'm sure. And if not, someone else will. :D
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:26 am

I must say...

I had a blast... Will brought some good sake... and the entire con was so incredibly fun for me...

this is probably the most relaxed anybody has ever seen me at a convnetion....
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

StealthVisions
Org Profile

Post by StealthVisions » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:13 pm

I wanted to thank every single person for coming...I think everyone who I invited came, which was slightly unexpected as you might have been able to tell by my face while standing behind the bar in awe at how there was no space to move in our upgraded Wyndham room, but yet, people were having a fucking blast. Memories of Corbo Bash...

--Me bartending almost the entire night and not breaking a single bottle, WHOO!

--Close to 15-20 people in a packed room making a rush to the bar so I could sprinkle salt on their hand, give them a shot of tequilla and a lemon...then andy coming back saying, "oh wait...I was supposed to wait for everyone? ..................ANOTHER SHOT!" And as I said in the toast....I love all you motherfuckers so much....I had missed you guys.

--Sex on the Beach (with James)....everyone was doing it....even myself....the slightly altered girly drink was a big hit at the bar despite its frightening name

--Almost stepping on passed out Andy or a very drunk Ron everytime I tried to get to the tub'o'booze or the closet'o'smartwater...I pulled off some amazing moves in order not to step on em

--Jason tempting Pat with his black feather to find out the winners of the AMV contest 5 minutes early...the sexiest display I saw all night

--Charles arriving and being drunk the instant he walked in the door...and also packing the best one liners in the world all night

--Tom wanting to do something to passed out andy and me whispering "Barbasol...BARBASOL"...hilarity ensues...Tom grabs shaving cream can....lifts up andy's shirt...sprays the cream on his stomach....sprays the cream a little too much/long...andy comes to life (kinda)...andy says "what the fuck are you doing" as he sees Tom crouched over his sac...Tom, being an idiot, goes "nothing", starts laughing, takes andy's shirt, puts it back on top of the shaving cream hoping that andy won't notice, and then rubs andy's shirt where he just covered the shaving cream........Tom...seriously....you are the ripest one in the bunch...I heard the cleanup was even messier but I didn't see it

--Drunk Drunk Revolution breaks out...Hsien manages to send his pad flying off to the side, as well as Sarah almost breaking her ankle when she drifted all the way over to the table

--Asshole game is started, I say goodbye to Brad and Tom as they are not going to remember the rest of the night...Tom tries to explain the rules to the game...fails miserably

--Sarah does a stage dive off the bed onto the unsuspecting asshole game...Charles catches on the back of his head and Mike prevents about 6 or 7 drinks from being spilled...you go boys, thanks for the disaster aversion

--Dismissing all at 3am so that cleanup can start and all the furniture moved back to its original position...turning the bathroom into a sauna trying to melt all the ice in the tub...the desperate search for garbage bags...the auctioning off of the rest of the alcohol...bed was not had until 430

--Hearing the story of how Mike came in late, almost stepped on andy's balls, but did a ninjitsu flip over him and propelled himself off the wall into the other part of the room...Tom was stupid enough to believe this...go tom

I can't think of anything else right now...I just remember how great it felt to have everyone there and seeing the smiles on everyone's faces...that's what Corbo Bash is all about...not the bitches, not the DDR, not the alcohol....well maybe the alcohol...but more bringing everyone together for a great time...I'm glad I hosted this again and would like to thank everyone who helped me bring it together, and of course those who came....love you all...peace
::takes out his sack of hot nickels::

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:29 pm

I wish i had known about it....as i was tryign to organize stuff......oh well. I would have been there if i had know about it.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:49 pm

mckeed wrote:I wish i had known about it....as i was tryign to organize stuff......oh well. I would have been there if i had know about it.
How could you miss it? There's at least two other threads about it in this topic as well as one in the old forums! Oh well, gotta keep your eye on the ball...

Corbo Bashes are like Miracle Whip. Any east coast convention just isn't the same without one.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Senta
Org Profile

Post by Senta » Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:22 pm

How could you miss it?
I knew about it, but I missed it cause no one I spoke to knew when and where it would be.

StealthVisions
Org Profile

Post by StealthVisions » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:07 pm

ahhh senta, we were wondering if you were even at the con...no one I was with at the time (when we thought of it) knew your contact info...sorry man =/
::takes out his sack of hot nickels::

LadyPeorth
Org Profile

speaking of quarters...

Post by LadyPeorth » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:22 pm

Remembering some of Charles' one liners: "I'm so full of cheer I'm color safe for clothes"- Charles you owe me a dollar for remembering.
Although unless you already knew me, probably no one remembers me, but I must say that you seemed to be a weird group- I'm glad I got to hang out near you guys. Normal people tend to be just a bit boring.
Other than things that have already been mentioned I will also remember getting ready for the party. I think instead of the traditional "how many blondes to screw in a lightbulb" jokes or Tom and Carlo's sick dead baby jokes it is time to start telling "how many otakus does it take to fill a bath tub with ice" jokes.
Okay, time for me to see if I can finish getting ready for bed without getting sick again. (Why aren't there any puking emoticons? Would be appropriate for those of you with hang overs from Corbo Bash) Ugh, I don't want to go to work any more...I am thankful that I have a good job, though. I could be back at ghettolicious Miller's Market in West Sand Lake. Sorry, random. I go.

getzburg
Org Profile

Re: Woohaa!

Post by getzburg » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:16 am

dji wrote:Cool. Hehehe.. :D How'd he take it? Like a man?
I'd say he was just short of terrified. :-P
<a href="http://www.getzburg.net">Getzburg.net</a>

"Perfection is finally attained,
not when there is nothing left to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:43 pm

well....i think i posted my contact info a bunch of times.....oh well....is there going to be one at AXNY or AWA? cause i am going to both and would like to go.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Return to “Anime Conventions”