Anime NYC 2022 AMV Editor Dinner Interest Thread!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
MadMegatax
Org Profile

Anime NYC 2022 AMV Editor Dinner Interest Thread!

Post by MadMegatax » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Hello all Anime NYC attendees!

I would like to formally plan a dinner for Anime NYC editors on November 19 tentatively around 7 PM 7:30 PM. Options available to us may change based on party size, so I want to get an approximate headcount of attendees before determining specific places to eat. I hope to figure out a specific location soon, so please be patient as I determine the logistics.

If you are interested in attending, please RSVP below or message me on Discord: MadMegatax (Tex)#7707. If you would prefer to keep your name off the list below, just let me know and I'll mark your attendance as [reserved]. Please note any additional +1s you may want to bring as well. Be prepared to pay for your own meals. Please note any dietary restrictions so that I can try to find an inclusive place. If there are any other charges required, I'll update this post accordingly.

I look forward to meeting everyone at the convention!

Editors
  1. MadMegatax
  2. +1
  3. ManlyMango
  4. +1
  5. Kirbygal
  6. Vega
  7. violetskies
  8. Tyken
  9. Mila
  10. SpuddStaaa
  11. +1
  12. fizzybubblespop
  13. SonsofKorhal9
  14. +1
  15. Moonpie
  16. +1
  17. Pyrothemusical
11/5 Update: I've booked the dinner at John Sullivan's Bar and Grill. It's five streets straight down from the Javits Center, so it will be a straight walk over (0.8 miles). This is the best place that I could find with a compromise for distance/price, so I'm hoping it works out well!

Additionally, I've changed the time for the dinner from 7 PM to 7:30 PM. We unexpectedly got a 45 minute block of AMV programming on Saturday from 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM, so I pushed the dinner forward a bit so we're not rushed. Please let me know if this time no longer works for you!
Last edited by MadMegatax on Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Kirbygal
Org Profile

Re: Anime NYC AMV Editor Dinner Interest Thread!

Post by Kirbygal » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:14 pm

I'll be there!

MadMegatax
Org Profile

Re: Anime NYC 2022 AMV Editor Dinner Interest Thread!

Post by MadMegatax » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:18 pm

So excited to have you here Kirby!! Added!

violetskies
Org Profile

Post by violetskies » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:35 am

Tyken and I will both be in attendance

SonsofKorhal9
Org Profile

Post by SonsofKorhal9 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:59 pm

Count me in! (I will also have a friend along as a +1) Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Moonpie
Org Profile

Post by Moonpie » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:43 pm

My husband and I would like to go as well :D

MadMegatax
Org Profile

Post by MadMegatax » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:29 am

Added all the recent requests! As a reminder I'd like to finalize the headcount by this weekend so I can reserve a spot for our group size.

Pyrothemusical
Org Profile

Post by Pyrothemusical » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:00 am

Apologies for the late response as I initially replied to the email that Amanda sent out for the Badge Confirmation + Editor Dinner, but I would be interested in attending the dinner as well if it is still possible. I look forward to meeting everyone there!

MadMegatax
Org Profile

Post by MadMegatax » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:38 pm

I've booked the dinner at John Sullivan's Bar and Grill. It's five streets straight down from the Javits Center, so it will be a straight walk over (0.8 miles). This is the best place that I could find with a compromise for distance/price, so I'm hoping it works out well!

Additionally, I've changed the time for the dinner from 7 PM to 7:30 PM. We unexpectedly got a 45 minute block of AMV programming on Saturday from 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM, so I pushed the dinner forward a bit so we're not rushed. Please let me know if this time no longer works for you!

MadMegatax
Org Profile

DINNER UPDATE Anime NYC 2022

Post by MadMegatax » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:06 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm here to post a final update before the con this weekend (so exciting)!

1) If you're interested in walking together as a group to the restaurant, I recommend meeting up with us at 6:45 PM after the Comedy AMV Block panel ends. We'll be waiting around for 15 minutes by the community stage (assuming that the space is available for us to stand around for a bit), and then head towards the restaurant at 7 PM. I'll be available via Discord if you need to reach out at any point during the day, but please let me know if you need some other form of communication and we'll work something out.

2) The seating arrangment is 2 tables for us, and there will be one check for each table. It is required that you either bring enough cash for dinner + tip, or have Venmo available as Mango and I will be handling one check each.

Looking forward to seeing you all, and I hope you're ready for an awesome con!

Return to “Anime Conventions”