SemiFinal Results

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: SemiFinal Results

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Ileia wrote:That happened last year, too. Why is it only important now?

Oh wait. It's not important. One of the judges scored my video the worst. Everybody's got a different opinion, that's why there's more than one judge.
It doesn't matter that it's you, it's more of... It kinda shocked me that "anyone" got 100 points out of 100. I can understand 10 out of 10, because of rounding and such, but 100 out of 100... maybe I am unlucky (or just too skeptic/harsh), but I've yet to meet my 100/100 video. Even among my pieces ;>

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Also...

Cupcakes? |:

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Yay me, I've created controversy! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

*runs out of room, surely never to be chosen as a judge by anybody ever again*

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:50 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:Yay me, I've created controversy! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

*runs out of room, surely never to be chosen as a judge by anybody ever again*
I need judges!

CorpseGoddess, I CHOOSE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! *throws pokéball*

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:(or just too skeptic/harsh)
^

Also, as a note, it's not like she's judging it purely on a scale of 100, the 100 consists of several other scores added together.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Pwolf wrote:
^

Also, as a note, it's not like she's judging it purely on a scale of 100, the 100 consists of several other scores added together.
Which shouldn't matter because you usually rate any video by taking into account and (unconsciously) rating its different parts (sync, A/V quality, idea, etc) anyway, or not? The one best video is always the same, be it "the best if I take them as a whole" or "the best if I take the pieces of them, make a score, then add those together and get the best". Or at least it should be, IMO.

Also, while it may seem I am too skeptic, I think I am just realistic. Because I think that if you have a single score on the end of some Gaussian curve (and let's face it, AMV quality IS within a Gaussian curve) then this score should be used less often to almost never (depending on the size of the scale and shape of the curve).
So yeah, I think that if I count my 700+ AMVs seen it's perfectly normal to not have given out any 100/100. At about 1500-2000 I'll start to wonder ;x

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
^

Which shouldn't matter because you usually rate any video by taking into account and (unconsciously) rating its different parts (sync, A/V quality, idea, etc) anyway, or not? The one best video is always the same, be it "the best if I take them as a whole" or "the best if I take the pieces of them, make a score, then add those together and get the best". Or at least it should be, IMO.

Also, while it may seem I am too skeptic, I think I am just realistic. Because I think that if you have a single score on the end of some Gaussian curve (and let's face it, AMV quality IS within a Gaussian curve) then this score should be used less often to almost never (depending on the size of the scale and shape of the curve).
So yeah, I think that if I count my 700+ AMVs seen it's perfectly normal to not have given out any 100/100. At about 1500-2000 I'll start to wonder ;x
While, conversely, I've seen buckets and there are plenty I'd give a 100 rating to that are currently on my list. So you and I are viewing the "100" from a different angle, apparently. If I was going to score it from a purely objective front, then yeah, okay, I could do something like ".5 points subtracted for missing the beat on that scene by 1/3rd of a second". But that's not how I score. I take everything into account in a more global way, and globally that Hellsing vid scored a 100 from me.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:27 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:While, conversely, I've seen buckets and there are plenty I'd give a 100 rating to that are currently on my list. So you and I are viewing the "100" from a different angle, apparently. If I was going to score it from a purely objective front, then yeah, okay, I could do something like ".5 points subtracted for missing the beat on that scene by 1/3rd of a second". But that's not how I score. I take everything into account in a more global way, and globally that Hellsing vid scored a 100 from me.
Just a note, that "globally" usually means "objectively" if I am not mistaken :> So I am not sure how to take that last sentence, sorry, care to explain?

But somehow, I expected something like that. In fact, I expected the "I give the best score in each category to the best performer of given category and the others get percentage according to their relative performance in that given category", which would've worked fine too. (Oh, your system works fine if it works for you, not that it's not!)

And on a side not, I am not that nitpicky as in your example D: I know many people who are way harsher in such scoring than me. I am just demanding - on others as well as on myself.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Judges are free to award points at their own discretion, so long as they have reasoning behind their scoring, and it isn't going against the guidelines that I set forth.

Nothing that cg has said violates the guidelines, and I see no issue with her score. I personally might not give a 100 score, but i have a different judging critera. That is why I have these many judges. Because we all have different judging critera.

It's also worth noting that this isn't te first 100 score. We've had several already.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Well, to each its own, I am just curious about scoring of others. You never know what you'll learn!

Like don't use Shinkai, it'll cost you points ;>

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”