Semifinal Videos

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Semifinal Videos

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 am

I know ;____;

Damn it, this is not about other people (not even myself!) winning, it's about fun and motivation!

I give up, you're searching for something that I totally don't mean. Here, on IRC, everywhere.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:55 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:I know ;____;

Damn it, this is not about other people (not even myself!) winning, it's about fun and motivation!

I give up, you're searching for something that I totally don't mean. Here, on IRC, everywhere.
I understand. For you the competition feels hopeless. At this point if you made it into the finals you see no possible way to win. The other side of the coin however (using the other system) if you do well and make a small mistake you're screwed. it's no fun either way.

My compromise was to do everything the same until the final round at which point all scores are discarded and the videos/editors are only scored on that round. It becomes more of a race to the finals rather then a race to win if that makes sense. This allows those who haven't had a perfect record make it to the finals and still have a chance to win.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 am

Pwolf wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:I know ;____;

I understand. For you the competition feels hopeless. At this point if you made it into the finals you see no possible way to win. The other side of the coin however (using the other system) if you do well and make a small mistake you're screwed. it's no fun either way.

My compromise was to do everything the same until the final round at which point all scores are discarded and the videos/editors are only scored on that round. It becomes more of a race to the finals rather then a race to win if that makes sense. This allows those who haven't had a perfect record make it to the finals and still have a chance to win.
I thought about this as well, actually ^^ There is still some issue with balance and those that end up being cut just before the last "change" round can argue it's unfair. The thing is all of these systems each have a flaw... I suppose it's always up to what the coordinator picks out anyway \o/

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 am

If you change the system for the last round then whoever's in the lead would possibly feel cheated. The best way, in my opinion, to avoid competitor upsetness would be to either A) keep the points secret from the competitors the whole time and not have a ranking (or at least a ranking that doesn't affect the next round), or B) have no point system and just have the judges vote on their favorite/least favorite videos and do eliminations that way. I prefer B, personally, because it's much more like Project Runway and similar shows (heck, PR's not even a blind judging). :ying: Just my thoughts
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 am

In the end I thought it was obvious Ileia would win from the start. Since well, she deserves it in all honesty.

Plus, I don't think the scoring system is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. :uhoh: If what Pwolf said about the rounds is true, then a different system wouldn't really make that much of a difference. :uhoh:

Even if the winner is clearly obvious, I've had fun and learned a bit too so it's not too important to me. Like I've said before, editing in this contest has been really fun for me regardless of placing etc. D:
I just don't think talking about the system now has any point, since it's nearly over and Code did say he was opening a topic for suggestions for next year. xD;

-Sips coke- *_* Cooooooke! :ying:
Rawr desu <3

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 am

Pwolf wrote:
NS wrote:you mistake discussion for anger.
A lot of people make that mistake.
Especially on this site.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
NS wrote:you mistake discussion for anger.
A lot of people make that mistake.
Especially on this site.
WHAT?

WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!

YOU NEED TO CALM THE F*CK DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:34 am

ITT: I love all of you <3

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive%E2 ... e_behavior

Also, I liked every vid this round for one reason or another :up:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”