Semifinal Videos

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Semifinal Videos

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm

(actually if he had said it earlier, someone (like me) would have said something. It's a simple math, really :> )

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Mkid wrote: you guys are going a litttle hard on code,he tried something new, we didnt figure out it wasnt gonna be effective until half way in, no point crying about it..
Oh no, there's nothing wrong with them saying that. Actually, I'm making a thread for that during the finals for people to make reccomendations. |:>

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 pm

I just like to give people a hard time as much as I can. Code knows I have secret love for him :ying:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:49 pm

NS wrote:I just like to give people a hard time as much as I can. Code knows I have secret love for him :ying:
Oh U. <3

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 pm

NS wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:So basically...as long as Ileia makes a video, not even a good one, for the next round...she wins P.O.E. |:>

Congratulations Ileia :D
lol, dat scoring system :3
Yeah, clearly the scoring system is at fault if the person who is consistently turning in good/the be videos is in first. And she won last year with that scoring system, so maybe that isn't the issue. Honestly, why is everyone so down on quite easily the simplest possible scoring system (addition)? I hate the things I learned in kindergarten as well, but this is a bit much.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Copycat_Revolver wrote:
NS wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:So basically...as long as Ileia makes a video, not even a good one, for the next round...she wins P.O.E. |:>

Congratulations Ileia :D
lol, dat scoring system :3
Yeah, clearly the scoring system is at fault if the person who is consistently turning in good/the be videos is in first. And she won last year with that scoring system, so maybe that isn't the issue. Honestly, why is everyone so down on quite easily the simplest possible scoring system (addition)? I hate the things I learned in kindergarten as well, but this is a bit much.
I'm not bashing ileia, I just don't think that past round scores should affect current round scores, or at least not as directly as this. Sure she's been turning in consistently good work, but nobody has a chance to win the final round now? It's kiiiiinda flawed.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah, but she EARNED that. Let's not take away from Ileia's accomplishments. She has put out fantastic videos round after round and earned that lead.

EDIT: But I will be probably revising scoring next year anyway, to tie more into other changes I want to make. So it doesn't have anything to really do with anything said here anyway.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Even if she makes a clip of artistic 30s of any anime to any music with no sync for finals... just two tracks matching length? :>

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:17 pm

I know she's earned it, but I still find it silly that there's basically no reason for anybody to edit the last round now. If nothing else a different scoring system would motivate people to actually put their all into every video every round.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Honestly any scoring system is going to produce the same results. People who consistently do well are going to have a high score. Those who don't... wont. That's the nature of a score based system. It rewards those who do well. That's hardly flawed in my mind.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”