Semifinal Videos

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Semifinal Videos

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Even if she makes a clip of artistic 30s of any anime to any music with no sync for finals... just two tracks matching length? :>
Yes. She's only at best ~200 points away from the current 3rd place editor. There's absolutely no reason to assume at this point that Ileia is automatically going to win the finals. That's absurd and insulting those who have also done well.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 pm

I honeslty thought people were more pissed about the themes than anything else. This is kind of a shock to me. :uhoh:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 pm

you mistake discussion for anger.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:49 pm

NS wrote:you mistake discussion for anger.
A lot of people make that mistake.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 am

None of this would have happened, had Ileia been a judge.

Just sayin. :pizza:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 am

Pwolf wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Even if she makes a clip of artistic 30s of any anime to any music with no sync for finals... just two tracks matching length? :>
Yes. She's only at best ~200 points away from the current 3rd place editor. There's absolutely no reason to assume at this point that Ileia is automatically going to win the finals. That's absurd and insulting those who have also done well.
And if she was leading by 400? 500? Would it be fine?

I know that the system "The worst in EACH ROUND has to go" is a bit harsher to those that consistently do well and then after one failed piece have to go, but it's more attractive (IMO) and more motivating for editors (again IMO).

I know that I went from "I have to beat her by that much now!" over "I have to beat these people with my video!" to "Meh, I don't care anymore, I can't beat them all by that much anyway." And I still had the advantage of doing fairly well in the first round and sliding on that. What motivation must've had someone who ended on the last few places of each round?

If you look at Brad's IC Tournament, it has right this motivation - do your best in EACH ROUND - or get out.

Also, I am thinking of dropping out...

...the next year and hel Code co-coordinate this. Or at least judge.

|:>

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 am

Oh, also great job, Ileia... Well, except maybe for the last round, I didn't like that, sowwies ;____; (if yours is what I think it is).

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am

meleechampion wrote:None of this would have happened, had Ileia been a judge.
None of this would've happened if people weren't poor sports. If you don't do well or screw up, you're score suffers. Take responsibility and quit complaining.

What's the point of the contest? is it to find out who's the best overall editor or find out who can last the longest? if it's the best overall editor then the current system is the best. if it's not, then the other system is the best. There's a compromise but i'm sure people will find a reason to find that one "flawed" as well so i wont mention it.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:20 am

Pwolf wrote:
meleechampion wrote:None of this would have happened, had Ileia been a judge.
None of this would've happened if people weren't poor sports. If you don't do well or screw up, you're score suffers. Take responsibility and quit complaining.

What's the point of the contest? is it to find out who's the best overall editor or find out who can last the longest? if it's the best overall editor then the current system is the best. if it's not, then the other system is the best. There's a compromise but i'm sure people will find a reason to find that one "flawed" as well so i wont mention it.
Do mention. I have something against both systems, it's just that I have less against the one that is currently not in use. Mostly not because of the winners, but because of the losers.

And let's face it, Ileia won BOTH systems, so it's not like she cares, I suppose :>

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:41 am

Ok lets look at the scores then using the old system:

Round 1:

Everyone who lost that round would've lost either way.

Round 2 losses:

Millopir
Reggie
MCHY (Dq'd)

Results... Exactly the same.

Round 3:

Cingiz
Silk (Dropped)

Results... Exactly the same.

Round 4:

LE
Replay
CopyCat
Aimo

Results... Almost exactly the same. Mkid would stay in but CopyCat would be kicked out.

In conclusion... the only one who has the "right" to complain about the current scoring system not being like the last one is Mkid.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”