Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [Judging]

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [Judging]

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 am

Round 5 : "I've Heard It's Flattering"

Theme Explanation

Congratulations on making it this far! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!

We've so far seen:

1) A Promotion
2) After Story
3) Sinful/Heavenly
4) Teamwork

And now I want to see how well you re-create the best of the best. :up:
Round Framework wrote: For this fifth round of competition, you will be re-creating a "award-winning" AMV, while putting your own spin on it. When I say "award winning", I mean an AMV that has been featured in the JCA/VCA awards, or has been in the top 10 of the top 10% videos. While not ALL the greatest videos of all time may be featured here, it's an excellent place to gather inspiration from.

Example Video: This video displays a great parody/re-imagining of its original video [A VCA winner], while showing the author's own personal style inside of it.

Please note that the AMV you create does not necessarily have to be a parody, although you are more than free to do so.
Theme Execution Criteria

Each round, 30 points of your possible scores are awarded to the execution of the theme. What does this mean for this round?

Editors will be awarded points based on how well they re-created the "award winning" AMV, and put their own creative spin on it, and how well THEY shine through. Attack of the Otaku was great, but if we just see another thing that looks like Chiikaboom herself re-made, that's really missing the point. We want to see YOU create this AMV the way YOU would have made it.

Elimination Numbers

For this round, we will eliminate 3 editors.

Should 3 or more editors drop in this round, we will adjust the number of eliminations.

Should less than 3 editors drop, we will only eliminate the number of competitors that make up the difference. [For example, if 1 editor dropped, we will only eliminate 2 editors]

Special Instructions

1) ANIME RESTRICTION. You are not permitted to use the same anime as the original video.
2) AUDIO RESTRICTION. You are required to use the same audio as the original video. Remixing/alterations/song covers are permitted.
3) I will personally send you FTP information as soon as it is updated.
4) Deadline is July 25th at 11:59 PM Central Time. Judging will begin on July 26th and run through July 27th. Results will be posted when all judging is complete, or on July 28th, whichever comes first.

Some Helpful Links:

VCA Winners
2009 JCA Winners
2010 JCA Winners
2008 JCA Winners
Last edited by CodeZTM on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:47 am

O
M
G
Everybody use Mitternacht!
:O
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:08 am

RAH HEY! 2: You Seriously Still Don't Know?
Blame it on 2010: It Was Okay, I Guess
Date Rape 2: Sloppy Seconds
Break 2: Red Light
Don't Break 2: Green Light
Macabre Serenade 2: Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
ROS 5 Part 2: We Found Four
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:14 am

OH MAN! I WAS GONNA DO A RAY HEY! 2! NOW I'LL LOSE POINTS FOR BEING UNORIGINAL! GAH! I WAS GONNA USE 5CM AND BEYOND THE CLOUDS.. OH FUCK I'LL LOSE POINTS FOR THAT TOO! GAH!

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:19 am

Ileia wrote: ROS 5 Part 2: We Found Four
Someone seriously do this. I loved ROS 5. :dino:
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 am

gotenks794 wrote:
All of the contestants could collab on the sequel!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:12 am

Kitsuner wrote:
gotenks794 wrote:
All of the contestants could collab on the sequel!
and then they all would get DQed for sharing their video :asd:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 am

CodeZTM wrote:5 - Because this is a blind contest, you are also required to NOT SHARE your AMV with anyone else but yourself until the round is over. Beta testing with friends is ok, but those friends CANNOT be judges and those friends CANNOT share your AMV with anyone else or publish it anywhere else. Failure to abide by this will result in a disqualification.

Nobody would be disqualified. All you have to do is say that the other editors are your friends. According to the rules, this makes them exempt.

YEAH WHAT. WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:15 am

Ileia wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:5 - Because this is a blind contest, you are also required to NOT SHARE your AMV with anyone else but yourself until the round is over. Beta testing with friends is ok, but those friends CANNOT be judges and those friends CANNOT share your AMV with anyone else or publish it anywhere else. Failure to abide by this will result in a disqualification.

Nobody would be disqualified. All you have to do is say that the other editors are your friends. According to the rules, this makes them exempt.

YEAH WHAT. WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE.
Let's do it!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 am

Btw, every round I feel it's harder and harder to get motivated, since there's so big gap to the top. I really prefered the previous system, especially when you can already say who'll be in the finals.

And yes, you can talk about "You never know", but unless they drop or edit in MSPaint (hikewp), the first 3people have their places in the finals practically sure. Well, maybe Chiiisus can get a place there, if she really tries.

The point is, this system doesn't motivate us to try our hardest EVERY ROUND, once we fall below a certain difference (for some it might be 100 points, I've hit my ceiling of hope now I am 500 points away from the first place).

I will edit something, but the point is - the first place (and even finals, but don't tell me everybody edits for fun and not the first place - I KNOW YOU GUYS WANT TO WIN TOO! :3 ) is lost, so why bother to spend a week over my video anyway when I can slap something together in a day?

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”