Project OrgEditor [Round 3 Videos]

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 3 Videos]

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 am

LantisEscudo wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:What? I thought Silk dropped? Yay if he didn't anyway! :D
I think he finished this round's vid, but wouldn't have time to do next round's before he left on vacation.

There's some gorgeous videos this time around. I'm curious what the video sources on #6 and #11 are, they look interesting.
#6: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=6244
#11: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=2879

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:46 am

All the vids are so awesome! :awesome:

My favs are 3 & 12. Mainly cause I laughed. :ying: Though the rest were really well edited too. :up:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:58 am

Kitsuner wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:You MAY consult the puzzle wizard for any and all questions.
You MAY reference Copycat Revolver's videos.

You may NOT reference videos in the current round, cause that gives away which video Copycat made.
As if he didn't do enough to give it away himself >_>

As for the videos themselves, I do agree that they are mostly well-edited this time around (Well, duh, everyone has made it this far, they must be making good videos, right?), but I'm having trouble discerning which sin/virtue is being portrayed in many of them. I suppose it doesn't help that some of the virtues themselves are a little vague.
Last edited by Ileia on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:43 am

Just like last round, I feel like having editors submit a little blurb about what they were going for with their videos would be helpful. It's easier to figure it out than last round, but sometimes you still have to kind of just guess...

That said, very happy with this round. There's sure some contrasting content in all of this, going all the way from extremely dark and disturbing to friggin' hilarious.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:23 am

In terms of the videos, my personal favorites were Video 6 and 2. 6 because it was serious and did a great job displaying its virtue, and video 2 because it captured more than just the sin. It also captured the human involvement with the sin and its affect on the world and how it turns out for them.

Video 10 also gets a medal of honor for doing all 7 sins and making them actually obvious. XD

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:What? I thought Silk dropped? Yay if he didn't anyway! :D
No I dropped. But I made the decision after I submitted for this round. I still want to see how I did.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Otohiko wrote:Just like last round, I feel like having editors submit a little blurb about what they were going for with their videos would be helpful. It's easier to figure it out than last round, but sometimes you still have to kind of just guess...

IMO, if they didn't clearly portray the sin, that should be a markdown for the theme. I can understand some interpretation, but if it boils down to "Oh, you have to have seen the show, and know about this certain character and understand how I was using the song." then they'll be losing points with me.

If I host a cake competition, bring cupcakes, wedding cakes, funnel cakes, you can even bring a picture of a cake if you want to try to get smart. But if you bring a bucket of horse droppings with the word cake written on it and say "YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS THHHIIINNNKKIINNNG AND THE BAAACCKKKSSTTOOORRRRY."
Then I shake my head and say "No."

So in other words, being creative is fine :D But if the judges have to do a ton of research just to figure out how to judge it, then the editor didn't do their job.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Otohiko wrote:Just like last round, I feel like having editors submit a little blurb about what they were going for with their videos would be helpful. It's easier to figure it out than last round, but sometimes you still have to kind of just guess...

IMO, if they didn't clearly portray the sin, that should be a markdown for the theme. I can understand some interpretation, but if it boils down to "Oh, you have to have seen the show, and know about this certain character and understand how I was using the song." then they'll be losing points with me.

If I host a cake competition, bring cupcakes, wedding cakes, funnel cakes, you can even bring a picture of a cake if you want to try to get smart. But if you bring a bucket of horse droppings with the word cake written on it and say "YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS THHHIIINNNKKIINNNG AND THE BAAACCKKKSSTTOOORRRRY."

So in other words, being creative is fine :D But if the judges have to do a ton of research just to figure out how to judge it, then the editor didn't do their job.
*gives Yue a bucket of horse droppings. Actually seven buckets of horse droppings* :ying:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Post-digestion cake! |:>

Worse. birthday. ever. :amv:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:

*gives Yue a bucket of horse droppings. Actually seven buckets of horse droppings* :ying:
/shakes head and says "No." x7

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”