Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"] - Ended

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"]

Post by Ileia » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:32 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Eh, you guys can be as harsh as you want with the judging, but reality is, I know *I* for one don't have all day to edit videos. =/
Currently uploading my video now, I spent maybe 10 hours in all on it? That's just my reality.
Sorry if you don't like it, but whatever, I'm having fun trying to make new things.
If I make it to the next round then so be |:>

Yeah, I don't think there are many people who actually have enough free time to spend the entire week editing. And someone could say, "Yeah, well, durr hurr, you shouldn't have signed up!" then, guess what? There wouldn't be enough editors to even keep this contest going.

I really don't get the deal with the high expectations, anyone who's paid attention at all to Project Editor can see that not every video is going to be the greatest thing to ever happen to AMVing. Telling someone "Make better videos! >:" doesn't really do anything at all. Really, all you do at that point is discourage editors and then they end up dropping.

Additionally, Nancy and Yue, I'm tired of seeing you guys post and complain and complain and complain. "This doesn't live up to my standards!" "These videos are all half-assed" In this thread, in the contest forums, everywhere. You guys are not the end all and be all of whether or not AMVs are good. Your cynicism is not required here. Move along. SOME people still enjoy the hobby without having to edit top 10%/VCA/yougetthepoint material.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 am

Ileia wrote:Yeah, I don't think there are many people who actually have enough free time to spend the entire week editing. And someone could say, "Yeah, well, durr hurr, you shouldn't have signed up!" then, guess what? There wouldn't be enough editors to even keep this contest going.
I think more to the point, some people didn't sign up because they only have so much free time - coming from more of a communal mindset of "i'm not going to burden the whole procedure if i can't devote time to it." If you come at it with the idea that you only have X hours free in a week, so you won't compete, and then those that do compete are putting in less than X hours of work anyway, there's sort of a collective :facepalm: moment going on. It'd probably be observational humor if written about in the 3rd person omniscient POV.

This is coming from someone who's current amount of free time would make this whole contest not really much different than an IC match in terms of total time.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:58 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Little FYI for you guys...I was nice with the scores in the first round :/

Due to the major lack of effort that was previously demonstrated, I'm going to have to be a bit more serious now.

So, unless you can pull magic out of your ass and create Skittles in one day, I'd recommend putting a bit more time and effort into these videos.

Just thought you'd want to know <3 :aimkissyface:
Yue..........we need to work on your pr skills :asd: But seriously, that's not really the type of message we should send out. And the people that participated in the previous round would see that as a insult.

When considering that this contest spans almost 2 months, I think that is a little unreasonable to think that anyone would spend the whole week of each round editing (especially since there isn't any down time between each round).

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:32 am

The deadline is today! It's my hope that everyone submits. |:>

Meanwhile, I had a nice chat with a few people over pm since last night, and I've made a few alterations to the next few rounds, which will hopefully not restrict as many people as it previously was.

I'm just glad I decided to have a week for each round. In the original Project Editor, some people only had 2-3 days to edit their video. :jester:

EDIT: And just to personally say, I really enjoyed all of the videos in the first round. Well, except for about three, but those were just personally strange to me. :uhoh: I honestly think everyone has been doing very well so far. Compared to last year, I think you're doing fairly well for yourselves. I do see the need to make some changes in the following years though.

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:54 am

Ileia wrote:
Moonlight Soldier wrote:Eh, you guys can be as harsh as you want with the judging, but reality is, I know *I* for one don't have all day to edit videos. =/
Currently uploading my video now, I spent maybe 10 hours in all on it? That's just my reality.
Sorry if you don't like it, but whatever, I'm having fun trying to make new things.
If I make it to the next round then so be |:>

Yeah, I don't think there are many people who actually have enough free time to spend the entire week editing. And someone could say, "Yeah, well, durr hurr, you shouldn't have signed up!" then, guess what? There wouldn't be enough editors to even keep this contest going.

I really don't get the deal with the high expectations, anyone who's paid attention at all to Project Editor can see that not every video is going to be the greatest thing to ever happen to AMVing. Telling someone "Make better videos! >:" doesn't really do anything at all. Really, all you do at that point is discourage editors and then they end up dropping.

Additionally, Nancy and Yue, I'm tired of seeing you guys post and complain and complain and complain. "This doesn't live up to my standards!" "These videos are all half-assed" In this thread, in the contest forums, everywhere. You guys are not the end all and be all of whether or not AMVs are good. Your cynicism is not required here. Move along. SOME people still enjoy the hobby without having to edit top 10%/VCA/yougetthepoint material.
Well...I don't remember posting anything on the .org forums in the past 2 years before 2 days ago, so I don't know where else I would've posted that videos suck and all need to be amazing. But whatevs.

Anywho, I thought I tried to sound as civil as possible with my first post on here. The comment posted by Yue was just a verbal reaction to some videos that was not "supposed" to be directly quoted and posted. But let me re-iterate before everyone begins sulking here. I don't expect the top 10% on every video, especially here. And I do understand the time constraints of editing a vid in one week, that's the reason that made me not enter this myself. But I'm mearly stating my concerns and views as a member of the viewing audience. I know everyone may have 40+ hours of work or school, but 7 days is a loooooong time to put together a little something. But I guess if everyone is totally satisfied with what they make and having fun I guess that's that.

Honestly though guys, I really didn't mean my short post to be taken negatively to put down the editors and if it did I'm sorry and I won't post again. I guess if everything is going to be taken as hostile no matter how I put it then I'll just cease to post like I have for the past 2 years. I just wanted to state one audience member's thoughts in order to maybe motivate some people to actually do their best rather than just "meet the deadline". My bad.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 am

Kisanzi wrote:Well...I don't remember posting anything on the .org forums in the past 2 years before 2 days ago, so I don't know where else I would've posted that videos suck and all need to be amazing. But whatevs.

Anywho, I thought I tried to sound as civil as possible with my first post on here. The comment posted by Yue was just a verbal reaction to some videos that was not "supposed" to be directly quoted and posted. But let me re-iterate before everyone begins sulking here. I don't expect the top 10% on every video, especially here. And I do understand the time constraints of editing a vid in one week, that's the reason that made me not enter this myself. But I'm mearly stating my concerns and views as a member of the viewing audience. I know everyone may have 40+ hours of work or school, but 7 days is a loooooong time to put together a little something. But I guess if everyone is totally satisfied with what they make and having fun I guess that's that.

Honestly though guys, I really didn't mean my short post to be taken negatively to put down the editors and if it did I'm sorry and I won't post again. I guess if everything is going to be taken as hostile no matter how I put it then I'll just cease to post like I have for the past 2 years. I just wanted to state one audience member's thoughts in order to maybe motivate some people to actually do their best rather than just "meet the deadline". My bad.
The start was actually nice but in the end you got butthurt.

Stop being butthurt and post and post and post. It will help you more than being silent and not posting at all.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:25 am

I dunno, I don't see the problem here. I thought judging being sometimes a bit harsh and contestants getting slapped around a bit with judging and tricky challenges was what people signed up for in this thing in the first place :uhoh:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 am

[quote="Nya-chan ProductionStop being butthurt and post and post and post. It will help you more than being silent and not posting at all.[/quote]

My butt did hurt and it caused me to post about it, just a bit. But now I will post more and when there's backlash then I'll just say "Nya told me to post." Problem solved. Thanks!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 am

Well, everyone's opinion is wrong anyway. The only one that truly matters is
Spoiler :
THE GAME

|:>

Besides, it's just not an org sponsored contest without a little drama, a little butthurt and a lot of complaining! :awesome:

Just don't take everything so seriously. It's a contest, a hobby, and supposed to be fun! Well, I can PROMISE that the next round will be a blast anyway.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 am

Kisanzi wrote:7 days is a loooooong time to put together a little something.
Says the guy who hasn't made a non-IC video in years. WHAAAAAAT?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”