Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"] - Ended

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"]

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Round 2 wrote:Personal opinions that not everyone agrees with?

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:26 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Chiiisus wrote:Then I stopped caring, because well, I only want to have fun since it is a hobby after all.
That's a really inappropriate attitude to be having in a completely voluntary competition. The actual expressed sentiment and the veiled retreat into defensive rhetoric. It's a competition. Shouldn't you at least pretend to be serious about it? It's not like this is little league and you're only doing it because your parents are forcing you into it or something. Maybe it's just me - I grew up with the attitude of "if you're telling me 'It's just a game' then why should I even bother trying?" Circumstance is circumstance (i.e. if something comes up, you put less important things aside), but to display an outward attitude of "I don't care because X isn't as important as Life itself" seems counter to the point of competition and a pretty good reason to not involve yourself in it in the first place.
I don't know about that. It depends on why you signed up for the competition.

Personally I wanted to try editing something I normally wouldn't do. At the end of the day, yea, I'm going to try to do the best I can and hope the judges like it, but this is a competition that pushes THE EDITOR out of their comfort zone. (And for me, seeing how people handle that and what they come up with is part of the fun.)

So while the judging process is what determines who gets to participate in each round, I'd consider this more of competition against one's self as opposed to what will appeal to a broader audience.

But maybe that's just me :P

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Actually, so far the tasks haven't really been outside my comfort zone. They may seem like it at first. Advertising and storytelling are not what I'd call my strong points. But finding a way to do them that fits within my comfort zone is how I've gotten by so far.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:47 pm

So who wants some pie and everybody just get along and sing a nice happy tune? |:>

Meanwhile, got a few more submissions. One of which I am laughing my ass off at [for a good reason!]. XD

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:00 pm

If I don't finish my vid on time, I'll blame it on this thread.

And koopiskeva's hands in my pants |:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote: And koopiskeva's hands in my pants |:
:shock:

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote: That's a really inappropriate attitude to be having in a completely voluntary competition. The actual expressed sentiment and the veiled retreat into defensive rhetoric. It's a competition. Shouldn't you at least pretend to be serious about it? It's not like this is little league and you're only doing it because your parents are forcing you into it or something. Maybe it's just me - I grew up with the attitude of "if you're telling me 'It's just a game' then why should I even bother trying?" Circumstance is circumstance (i.e. if something comes up, you put less important things aside), but to display an outward attitude of "I don't care because X isn't as important as Life itself" seems counter to the point of competition and a pretty good reason to not involve yourself in it in the first place.
I'm not being defensive. Also, I was merely stating that I'd rather focus on having fun, and if my video isn't liked, well my video isn't liked. At first I joined the contest because some friends wanted me to, but then I started to feel like I was having fun editing - which I haven't felt in a while. I'm not the competitive type of person and I try not to think too seriously about something I originally started just to have fun. I mean, who said contests can't be fun? Isn't the whole point to have fun in the process? Also the whole idea of 'x this, x that' is being sort of narrow-minded. I'm not thinking that way. I'm just thinking, so what if my video is bad, and people don't like it? At least I participated and had fun. Competitions aren't just about winning, well to me at least anyway.

Sorry if my comment insulted you in a way, it's not what I intended. It just seemed to me that it was all being taken way too seriously. Though, everyone has different opinions and I was just giving mine. :sweat:
Rawr desu <3

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm afraid I'm also going to have to drop. My new job is way more blue collar than I'm used to and I've been absolutely knackered after work each day. As such I've barely started and I don't think anything I turn in would be up to par.

I find Yue's point interesting. But pwolf's post more or less summed it up for me. In an IC video, an editor can more or less play straight to their strong suite. Whereas the specific rules of the PE rounds can be killer. I remember last time I was in an IC (against Illeia, which I promptly lost) my video turned out much better than either of the two videos I've tried for this PE. Especially this last one, since I find the sheer amount of scene searching and planning needed for a tight story completely dissonant with my normal editing style.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 pm

I was just asked to judge and thats what I'm here for. There's a reason I didn't sign up... It's because I know my skills and editing speed wouldn't allow me to edit a vid within a week to a specific theme. Also, its becuase I'm too nitpicky about every little thing on the timeline and spend too much time on even the little things, I fail at IC for this reason. Maybe if people weren't so impulsive, we wouldn't have had so many drops. I think alot of people just like to "Jump on the bandwagon" or fall into the spur of the moment on the org.

This rounds theme is way too easy, you are just thinking about it way to hard. It's controversial but the fact of the matter is anything can happen at any time. The same damn thing that happened before the ending could happen again. You could kill off nagisa in the same way with another child. Hell, how many times does the same damn thing happen in DBZ after the arch ends. Everyones wished back to life and they have to save the day and get killed off again by someone new. Anyway, just sayin. Creativity is only 20 points. You could easily make a great score without going crazy with creativity. The only reason IC is easier is cause your only limited on time. Here you have to think a bit more about it since you are limited by theme and time. Why you can't just pick a song and an idea and treat it like an IC is beyond me. I don't see the IC arguement but then again I fail at IC so I don't have much say.

I've enjoyed just about every vid submitted so far in some way or another. Hell I even enjoyed video #17 last round for its funny audio aside from the rating. I don't think there are any bad submissions in this contest, the only bad one is the one you didn't submitt cause at that point you can't even say you tried.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:22 pm

And that makes 4 drops. I'll have to re-evaluate the elmination numbers now. XD

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”