Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"] - Ended

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"]

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm not trying to generate a response of "Oh no, I hope they don't hate me I hope they don't hatemeIhopetheydon'thateme..." or "Up yours, I do want I want."

More along the lines of "I'll shut her the hell up... I'll do my best and have no regrets |:> "

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Chiiisus wrote:Then I stopped caring, because well, I only want to have fun since it is a hobby after all.
That's a really inappropriate attitude to be having in a completely voluntary competition. The actual expressed sentiment and the veiled retreat into defensive rhetoric. It's a competition. Shouldn't you at least pretend to be serious about it? It's not like this is little league and you're only doing it because your parents are forcing you into it or something. Maybe it's just me - I grew up with the attitude of "if you're telling me 'It's just a game' then why should I even bother trying?" Circumstance is circumstance (i.e. if something comes up, you put less important things aside), but to display an outward attitude of "I don't care because X isn't as important as Life itself" seems counter to the point of competition and a pretty good reason to not involve yourself in it in the first place.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 pm

After wasting a hour and a half to get a working workaround due to premiere's bugs, I can say I'm officially pissed and I'm dropping because f**k editing like this. It'd only be getting worse from now on due to how I have this thing in mind, in order to get it to work. :x
I'm sorry Code, it's not your fault... but I really can't stand this. :(

I guess this taught me that I should change my NLE at this point. :?

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:07 pm

mirkosp wrote:I guess this taught me that I should change my NLE at this point. :?
Your National Latin Exam?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Round 2 wrote:Drama?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Round 2 wrote:Personal opinions that not everyone agrees with?

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:26 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Chiiisus wrote:Then I stopped caring, because well, I only want to have fun since it is a hobby after all.
That's a really inappropriate attitude to be having in a completely voluntary competition. The actual expressed sentiment and the veiled retreat into defensive rhetoric. It's a competition. Shouldn't you at least pretend to be serious about it? It's not like this is little league and you're only doing it because your parents are forcing you into it or something. Maybe it's just me - I grew up with the attitude of "if you're telling me 'It's just a game' then why should I even bother trying?" Circumstance is circumstance (i.e. if something comes up, you put less important things aside), but to display an outward attitude of "I don't care because X isn't as important as Life itself" seems counter to the point of competition and a pretty good reason to not involve yourself in it in the first place.
I don't know about that. It depends on why you signed up for the competition.

Personally I wanted to try editing something I normally wouldn't do. At the end of the day, yea, I'm going to try to do the best I can and hope the judges like it, but this is a competition that pushes THE EDITOR out of their comfort zone. (And for me, seeing how people handle that and what they come up with is part of the fun.)

So while the judging process is what determines who gets to participate in each round, I'd consider this more of competition against one's self as opposed to what will appeal to a broader audience.

But maybe that's just me :P

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Actually, so far the tasks haven't really been outside my comfort zone. They may seem like it at first. Advertising and storytelling are not what I'd call my strong points. But finding a way to do them that fits within my comfort zone is how I've gotten by so far.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:47 pm

So who wants some pie and everybody just get along and sing a nice happy tune? |:>

Meanwhile, got a few more submissions. One of which I am laughing my ass off at [for a good reason!]. XD

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:00 pm

If I don't finish my vid on time, I'll blame it on this thread.

And koopiskeva's hands in my pants |:

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”