Round 1 Results Thread

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Post by Vivaldi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am

Ah, I'm glad my video came across as post-modern and not just half-arsed. it originally had hands in it, doing minority report style editing, but doing a good job keying it turned out to be difficult with an hour left till deadline.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

ShatteredFlame
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFlame » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:27 am

Wow judges didn't really fuck around with tearing my video apart(in terms of scoring). I'll admit I never had any ideas where I would promote the org in a friendly manner but I still don't think my vid is too far off from promoting the org as a home to a selected group of people in general. I can't really complain though since I had more fun compiling the Welcome to the Dollhouse clips than I did with recording myself and everything after was just a bore to make.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o
I feel I should respond or something. Good lipsynch is something I love, so lipflap annoys the hell out of me even if it has a perfectly good reason to be there - which it had in this case. There could've been a bit less of it or it could've been timed differently or accompanied by other stuff like symbols for ideas and crap like that but hey, you didn't exactly have a lot of time to think this thoroughly through. So, despite writing what I did in the comment, I didn't actually deduct many points for that (I'm judge 5 in this round).
AimoAio wrote:As for sucking up to the co-ordinator I was thinking that if I advertised a competition on the org it would draw more users to come over to take a look...? :uhoh:
I guess I just didn't see the point of advertising the contest you're participating in when the theme was focusing on the site/community. The simple aesthethics of the clip were to my liking if it makes you feel any better :wink:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 am

ShatteredFlame wrote:Wow judges didn't really fuck around with tearing my video apart(in terms of scoring). I'll admit I never had any ideas where I would promote the org in a friendly manner but I still don't think my vid is too far off from promoting the org as a home to a selected group of people in general. I can't really complain though since I had more fun compiling the Welcome to the Dollhouse clips than I did with recording myself and everything after was just a bore to make.
If it's any consolation, the first part of your video honestly had me in utter disgust [never seen that film]. I haven't been in utter disgust in YEARS. You broke my jaded attitude. XD

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

Kosmit wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o
I feel I should respond or something. Good lipsynch is something I love, so lipflap annoys the hell out of me even if it has a perfectly good reason to be there - which it had in this case. There could've been a bit less of it or it could've been timed differently or accompanied by other stuff like symbols for ideas and crap like that but hey, you didn't exactly have a lot of time to think this thoroughly through. So, despite writing what I did in the comment, I didn't actually deduct many points for that (I'm judge 5 in this round).
That's cool - it usually annoys me too, so I know how you feel. It's hard to make lipflap right and my try probably failed for you, no problem with that ;x

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 pm

After all my bashing of people not knowing their schedules and being able to edit family tore me away from the day I thought I would have to judge these and I didn't get a chance to XD... oh the wonderful hypocrisy.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:04 pm

NS wrote:After all my bashing of people not knowing their schedules and being able to edit family tore me away from the day I thought I would have to judge these and I didn't get a chance to XD... oh the wonderful hypocrisy.
At least you have Godix pre-flipping you off for skidding past the first round. :awesome:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Imma sorry about being so uncreative this round, I guess? :>

And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o

The lipflap made sense to me o_O Besides, it's instrumental so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 pm

-Actually shocked- :sweat:
But reallllly happy. It was funsies. :3
Rawr desu <3

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Imma sorry about being so uncreative this round, I guess? :>

And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o

The lipflap made sense to me o_O Besides, it's instrumental so it really wasn't that big of a deal.
In my opinion, the video wouldn't even feel right without the lip flaps. Its clearly about a discussion among friends that are editing a video. Without lip flaps, it would seem like they were just watching and not actually working together.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”