Round 1 Results Thread

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:48 am

P.S. Code, next time can you include the name of the person with the vid comments?

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:50 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:P.S. Code, next time can you include the name of the person with the vid comments?
It seems that the comments are always in the same order, so I can reveal which are mine - 4th from the top. You can always ask who wrote what in the judges thread.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 am

I noticed them but didnt say anything cause I thought code reached a decision on it already. A page we view notes from said 24 was the only one disqualified. He was aware of the videos that broke the rules. I'm sure he has his reasons. I'm also guessing he wont permit it a second time, no reason to go overboard. If you wanna be angry, get angry at the people who dropped. We lost half the potential contestants from drops. Someone should have advertised the orgbase as a bunch of lazy bastids.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:55 am

Kosmit wrote:
Moonlight Soldier wrote:P.S. Code, next time can you include the name of the person with the vid comments?
It seems that the comments are always in the same order, so I can reveal which are mine - 4th from the top. You can always ask who wrote what in the judges thread.
I don't think they are.

I've seen my comments at the top and the bottom.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 am

Kosmit wrote:
I meant which video went with which editor (like Video 15 - Moonlight Soldier) kinda dealie

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:54 am

Had about a day to do my vid, long story short, new comp.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 am

Imma sorry about being so uncreative this round, I guess? :>

And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:16 am

I'll admit I didn't really spend alot of time on my entry since I ditched my previous idea 7 hours before the deadline...but I didn't use any AE in my entry, it was all done in Sony Vegas with some PS brushes :sweat: As for sucking up to the co-ordinator I was thinking that if I advertised a competition on the org it would draw more users to come over to take a look...? :uhoh: But I'm glad there's a few who like it at least. :mrgreen:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:01 am

AimoAio wrote:I'll admit I didn't really spend alot of time on my entry since I ditched my previous idea 7 hours before the deadline...but I didn't use any AE in my entry, it was all done in Sony Vegas with some PS brushes :sweat: As for sucking up to the co-ordinator I was thinking that if I advertised a competition on the org it would draw more users to come over to take a look...? :uhoh: But I'm glad there's a few who like it at least. :mrgreen:
yep. It was actually my favorite. :up: good job

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:26 am

meleechampion wrote:I don't wanna come in here and cause a big stink, but... come on... really?!

Okay, "12/48 eliminated" planned originally. "Oh wait, we only got 24 videos" so... three less will put you "on pace"? For what?

I guess having their names in their video doesn't DQ mycathatesyou and Mimilopir? It appears only some rules are worth taking a hard stance on.
No need to worry about causing a stink. XD

As for the 3 eliminations for round one, I'm needing to have a certain number of editors for a certain round to work in the same function that I wanted. So yes, it will put me "on pace", since I have less editors to work with. That means less number of eliminations now and less number of eliminations this round to get the number that I want.

I put this in the notes at the end, but it was brought to my attention that having one's name in the AMV wasn't actually against the rules. Only distributing the AMV before the round was over was against the rules, or posting in the thread to reveal which AMV was yours. It was more or less a loophole. I personally thought that it was an obvious inclusion, but people have been released from prison for less. Plus, it wasn't just ridiculously over the top, and was very subtle. Had they put in shining lens flares their names with a blimp coming by my house, then I would have immediately done a DQ, because then it would have been a blatant violation. Like Yue said, she didn't even notice it. Plus, we also had several people that would have recognized the voice acting in the AMVs, which would have been 2 more DQ's. Then you count the fact that some studios only had a very few number of entrants, which would have made guessing very easy, so that's just equally as unfair. The rules have since been amended to reflect that, so there will be no more confusion and no more tolerance towards it.

From what I understood, the judges was unable to guess hardly any of the video/editor pairings, and the ones that accidentally revealed themselves were not in that list. Plus, I don't think it resulted in them getting any higher of a score.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”