The Kaji/Misato Award (Best Romantic Video)

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: The Kaji/Misato Award (Best Romantic Video)

Post by godix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Ok, I just tortured myself by watching all the romance videos in the semifinals. I must say, you people have some fucked up ideas on what romance is. Most of these videos feel like love is something to be avoided because it's depressing and makes you miserable. Love should be celebrated, not mourned. For gods sake, have none of you ever had a happy relationship? No wonder this hobby has so much angst, apparently not a single one of you have ever had a moment of joy with another person. Keep in mind, this is the bitter mean sarcastic divorced bastard saying this. You guys are fucking depressing.

For that reason, I suggest this video, it's one of the few that didn't make me think the characters were 5 seconds away from slitting their wrists.

I also suggest this one since it came far closer to real life romance than almost everything else in the category:

And, of course, I suggest this video because I'm a self pimping whore:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:47 pm

godix wrote:No wonder this hobby has so much angst, apparently not a single one of you have ever had a moment of joy with another person.
Is it that obvious? :sweat:

Meanwhile, I still gotta self pimp on this one:

But if I wasn't a self-pimping whore as godix so nicly put it...

I thought this one did everything nicely. :up:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 am

Rather than rant again, let me just quote myself from earlier:

You people have some fucked up ideas on what romance is. Most of these videos feel like love is something to be avoided because it's depressing and makes you miserable. Love should be celebrated, not mourned.

So vote for me, because I'm egotistical.

If you don't vote for me, vote for since it's one of the few romances that doesn't make the viewer want to slit their wrists.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 am

I'm totally going to comment on this even though it totally doesn't matter any more.

Happy relationships are boring.

There is a reason the fairy tails stop at "happily ever after" and don't explain further.

There is a reason we don't like watching happy well adjusted celebrities.

There is a reason popular movies and T.V. shows don't focus on calm families.

Happy get-along relationships are boring.

Now, on the other hand, I can see your point, Romance should not be about the breaking up part.
Romance should be about the wooing and the true love.

But, like Shakespeare, I just prefer romance stories where everyone dies at the end.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:08 pm

I won't disagree. Entirely happy relationships are boring. Every story requires conflict, and if the most conflict is 'OMG, I haven't seen him in a whole hour!' then it's rather sickening.

But still, romance is a positive and uplifting emotion. Most romances make me feel like 'He's clearly an emo asshole. She's clearly a bitch. Why would they go to the effort of getting together at all? Neither of them are the slightest bit happy about it.' There should be some good with the bad, and many of the romance vids AMVs are nothing but the bad with the even worse piled on top of it. It's as if AMV makers have decided to hell with that Shakespeare sonnet crap, a trailer park trash whore and her wife beating drunken husband is the romantic ideal.

Return to “2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”