The Org Redesign - Social Features - General Discussion

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

The Org Redesign - Social Features - General Discussion

Post by LittleAtari » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:50 pm

This thread is to discuss social features on the Org that exist and other features that you may want to see added. Now before everyone goes OMG ORG IS GOING TO BE FACEBOOK, let me explain what the definition of a social feature is in this thread.

A social feature is anyplace or thing on this site that can stimulate discussion of any kind be it OT or AMVs. That said, the forums are a social feature and so are the journals, opinions and IRC.

We have a few social features on the Org, how do you wish to improve them? This thread is for general discussion of social features, if you would like to dive into a specific social feature please make a separate thread for that.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - Social Features - General Discussion

Post by LittleAtari » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:54 pm

I like journals, a lot of communities have things like Blogs, but when I see people use that as a form of socialization between friends, it's just weird. I think the conversation gets completely broken and I guess having a personal off topic discussion on the main page is distracting.

I'd like to see public comments on video pages and no limit to how much you can comment.

Interesting forum threads should get spotlighted on the main page and/or recently posted topics should get featured on the main pages of the site.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:50 am

it'd be cool to have comments on journals maybe, but then i guess it's just a front page thread post.

oh, and
LittleAtari wrote:and no limit to how much you can comment.
i suggested this bit a while back and got shot down but i still feel like it would be an improvement.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:02 am

I'd like to be able to know who made a video comment instead of it just being anonamous.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:53 am

On the contrary, If QCs ever become public on the video page, or if a YT comment system is implemented, or something of the sort. would it be possible to remain anonymous? I mean, being anonymous is half the fun of leaving QCs, IMO anyways.
Under Construction

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:20 am

8bit_samurai wrote:On the contrary, If QCs ever become public on the video page, or if a YT comment system is implemented, or something of the sort. would it be possible to remain anonymous? I mean, being anonymous is half the fun of leaving QCs, IMO anyways.
Yeah, an option to not be Anon in your QC's would be nice, sinceremoving the Anon factor would be kinda 'eh'

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:20 am

8bit_samurai wrote:On the contrary, If QCs ever become public on the video page, or if a YT comment system is implemented, or something of the sort. would it be possible to remain anonymous? I mean, being anonymous is half the fun of leaving QCs, IMO anyways.
Yeah, an option to not be Anon in your QC's would be nice, sinceremoving the Anon factor would be kinda 'eh'

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:41 am

I think that with the addition of an OT forum, journals being primarily used as a really broken and ghetto chat service will fade away. I don't oppose them being there (after all, it's not like they're hurting the community any), but they probably would need a serious revamp. Would it be a serious burden to redesign the journals to something more like a dedicated blog system, ala blogspot or tumblr? It doesn't need to have any crazy networking crap like "I want to follow XYZ's blog and have it fed to my RSS", but at least a commenting system and being able to click on "I want to view XYZ's entries from March 2011".

Also, I'll relink this post since it's entirely relevant and probably belongs here.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “Org Redesign”