The Org Redesign - New Features and/or Function...

Panky
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - New Features and/or Function...

Post by Panky » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:The problem with "saving a copy" is that they can be photoshopped or faked... a report button that automatically sends a copy of offending message to the mods would be a fair compromise for me to have the return of the edit button for everyone :P

Truthfully I think a lot of this is waiting on the fabled site redesign anyway... so geeze people have some patience :P
Nono, what I meant by saving a copy was a script that would save the first post in the database next to the edited post. I believe there are already forum mods that do that, although I'm not sure if phpBB does have one though.
Anyway, like someone else said before, I doubt there's a real need for that. It's not like there are many offenders right here (willing to edit offensive words later at least).

X-elemental
Org Profile

Post by X-elemental » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:37 pm

..........Notes:
First time poster, never haz lurked...okay, about 3 minutes. So I don't know if they have been brought up, although I did read a page and made a search:
- It would be nice if after login a person would be directed back where they were, would make it much less of a hassle. I rarely login to forums where it doesn't redirect. After redirect, prompt for name/pass-> refresh would be the next best thing, though still 'next best'.
- Don't really see what the edit deal is. However, I reckon that the gain from losing typos 'n stuff plus making threads more organized outweights the potential abusers. Of course, by suddenly adding it you're egging it, but its' not like the person cannot change IP and create new account anyway. Anyhow, if save feature is to be implemented maybe limit should be given for how many edits to avoid script-based bandwith eating.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am

Dunno if this was suggested but i would like to be able to rate/op my own vids without dling them since uploaded it it should be more o r less obvious that i watched it ...right ?
Still better than that MMO.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 am

Hope this is right area =3

I have seen some sort of talk before about this recently sorta briefly..... and so I am wondering if there might be a chance of having the option to tweet via Twitter, Like on Facebook, as well as Feed on VK (European version of Facebook for our foreign communities..) with the new org-redesign whenever it comes?

I really like that AMVNews, even Youtube has this option (aside from VK) and I think it would be nice if its not already in the go to have these options maybe either under the preview of an AMV, or in the AMV information section.

Nothing else really to say aside from Social Networking Sites are really good ad smart.. ^-^

(also didn't read all of this section @-@ so if someone else mentioned before x2 for me)

EDIT: Actually what about on forum topic too? I know the Org Facebook & Twitter to do, but I assume you have to put each link and person in yourself. Might be easier (which is good might I add) if you could just have a auto'd?

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Just something I thought of right now...what about being able to list the genre of the music you used? It'd be much easier then looking for videos with a certain music style.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:57 am

Kevmaster wrote:Just something I thought of right now...what about being able to list the genre of the music you used? It'd be much easier then looking for videos with a certain music style.
You would need some resource where to take the genres from and someone to correct the genres and such. Know of anything?

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Kevmaster wrote:Just something I thought of right now...what about being able to list the genre of the music you used? It'd be much easier then looking for videos with a certain music style.
You would need some resource where to take the genres from and someone to correct the genres and such. Know of anything?
Well, my initial thought right now was last.fm. It could be the top 5 tags for the artists that are also shown on the artist pages there or something that were to be implemented. Or just the very top tag or whatever. I've got no clue about how this were to work as I don't know about website design or possible features/whatever. But I think overall, last.fm taging system is pretty reliable when it comes to that.
Maybe something that automatically reads the tags for your here entered artist on last.fm and adds it to the video description?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 am

Definitely doable. Would need some looking into their system and/or API, but it might work out.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Another random thought I had after realizing how much yt stuff is posted . "Alternative" Preview from yt which would be given by user (embed code could be generated or pasted by user?). Maybe it would feel a tad more useful instead of all those direct/indirect links to yt where i expect some kind of normal dl.

The biggest problem in that is deleted vids and stars system getting down. :uhoh:
(Users would have to link stuff again, and star system would probably die)
Still better than that MMO.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
Well, my initial thought right now was last.fm. It could be the top 5 tags for the artists that are also shown on the artist pages there or something that were to be implemented. Or just the very top tag or whatever. I've got no clue about how this were to work as I don't know about website design or possible features/whatever. But I think overall, last.fm taging system is pretty reliable when it comes to that.
Rick Astley under "brutal death metal"? Yes please!:
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/music/Ric ... ive+You+Up
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Org Redesign”