The Org Redesign - New Features and/or Function...

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - New Features and/or Function...

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:57 am

Kevmaster wrote:Just something I thought of right now...what about being able to list the genre of the music you used? It'd be much easier then looking for videos with a certain music style.
You would need some resource where to take the genres from and someone to correct the genres and such. Know of anything?

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Kevmaster wrote:Just something I thought of right now...what about being able to list the genre of the music you used? It'd be much easier then looking for videos with a certain music style.
You would need some resource where to take the genres from and someone to correct the genres and such. Know of anything?
Well, my initial thought right now was last.fm. It could be the top 5 tags for the artists that are also shown on the artist pages there or something that were to be implemented. Or just the very top tag or whatever. I've got no clue about how this were to work as I don't know about website design or possible features/whatever. But I think overall, last.fm taging system is pretty reliable when it comes to that.
Maybe something that automatically reads the tags for your here entered artist on last.fm and adds it to the video description?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 am

Definitely doable. Would need some looking into their system and/or API, but it might work out.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Another random thought I had after realizing how much yt stuff is posted . "Alternative" Preview from yt which would be given by user (embed code could be generated or pasted by user?). Maybe it would feel a tad more useful instead of all those direct/indirect links to yt where i expect some kind of normal dl.

The biggest problem in that is deleted vids and stars system getting down. :uhoh:
(Users would have to link stuff again, and star system would probably die)
Still better than that MMO.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
Well, my initial thought right now was last.fm. It could be the top 5 tags for the artists that are also shown on the artist pages there or something that were to be implemented. Or just the very top tag or whatever. I've got no clue about how this were to work as I don't know about website design or possible features/whatever. But I think overall, last.fm taging system is pretty reliable when it comes to that.
Rick Astley under "brutal death metal"? Yes please!:
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/music/Ric ... ive+You+Up
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Org Redesign”