The Org Redesign - Design...

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - Design...

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Phan: horizontal navbars are a pain in my experience...have never managed to get it to work correctly in any version of IE

MCHY: If memory serves, that's automatically done if you have firefox and do the drag to reorder thing

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:08 pm

I wish the amv banner length/width and file size could all be bigger. As is you really can't get much done with it or get a detailed banner in good quality.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 am

Kariudo wrote:Phan: horizontal navbars are a pain in my experience...have never managed to get it to work correctly in any version of IE
Hmm, well I'm basically proposing the same thing as Corran's version but with a condensed rearrangement of menus. It seems to work fine in Firefox and my version of IE (8.0.7), so I think it's pretty stable, but I haven't done a lot of tests.

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I wish the amv banner length/width and file size could all be bigger. As is you really can't get much done with it or get a detailed banner in good quality.
Maybe in the new site, banners can be available in two forms: large and small. Then the one that gets displayed will depend on your window size. I don't know if that's possible... but I can dream...
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:21 am

468x60 is the biggest standard banner size used on the web today. You can only go down from there, unless you're going for Leaderboard :>

Also, 468x60 and 88x31 are the standard sizes that are used like everywhere - if we want to use our banners for advertising as well, it should be left like it is - because otherwise it might get hard for advertisers to use.

But I wouldn't be against raising the filesize to 25 or 30kB (probably still not more).

Return to “Org Redesign”