The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Begi
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Post by Begi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 pm

BastAmv wrote:And yeah Beta testing sub-forums sounds like one of the most useless things.
Rather make a random sub-forum where everyone can interact and keep the community flowing.
I started it?

Every forum on this site is related to AMVs, but a random sub-forum would not be. And of course you would misunderstand what I said. What I meant by this not becoming like YouTube was literally that. Just because we have video previews doesn't mean we are automatically like YouTube, dumbfuck. We don't have a favorites system, a channel comment system, etc/all the other bullshit that YouTube has. So explain to me how having video previews is like YouTube? You still have to go look for the video and click multiple things to actually preview it. YouTube is a 2-click thing. Get your shit straight, mane.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Does anyone arguing in favor of a beta-testing subforum plan to actually use it? Is anyone fighting in this thread going to post their betas or watch other people's betas if we get this subforum? If the answer is no, then stop pushing it onto other people who aren't going to use it, either.

If the idea is to lure in new members who'd want to use it, then you're going to have to find some people willing to watch these things first. New members would only come here for our sparkling new beta-sharing subforum if they thought experienced editors here would be willing to go into that subforum and watch the betas they share in there. Are there any experienced editors here willing to watch these betas if new people were lured into the forum by a beta-sharing subforum?

What's wrong with the org is that people aren't watching as many amvs as they used to and when they *do* watch one, they leave nothing to show that they've watched that vid. That especially goes for the people posting in this forum. You're not willing to watch new editors' vids, you're not willing to op vids, you're not willing to give a beta the time of day, and the few vids you do watch you don't even bother to drop a QC for. I'd wager half the editors on this forum don't even like watching amvs anymore unless the vids are their own or their rival/idol/friend's vids. On a site where everyone makes and no one watches, it's no wonder the activity is dropping off. Making new creator-related subforums for the org isn't going to help if you have no one here willing to watch the creations.

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Arigatomina wrote: What's wrong with the org is that people aren't watching as many amvs as they used to and when they *do* watch one, they leave nothing to show that they've watched that vid. That especially goes for the people posting in this forum. You're not willing to watch new editors' vids, you're not willing to op vids, you're not willing to give a beta the time of day, and the few vids you do watch you don't even bother to drop a QC for. I'd wager half the editors on this forum don't even like watching amvs anymore unless the vids are their own or their rival/idol/friend's vids. On a site where everyone makes and no one watches, it's no wonder the activity is dropping off. Making new creator-related subforums for the org isn't going to help if you have no one here willing to watch the creations.
That.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Does anyone arguing in favor of a beta-testing subforum plan to actually use it? Is anyone fighting in this thread going to post their betas or watch other people's betas if we get this subforum? If the answer is yes, at least gote will.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Enigma wrote:If there was an OT forum though, i can imagine most threads getting barely 5 posts anyway.....liek dat amv anouncment plaec
There's no IF about it. There IS one and it really doesn't get many posts.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Enigma wrote:If there was an OT forum though, i can imagine most threads getting barely 5 posts anyway.....liek dat amv anouncment plaec
There's no IF about it. There IS one and it really doesn't get many posts.
that's in the donator's forum though, i don't know what percentage of people who frequent the Org are donators but i'd imagine it's not huge (or maybe it is, i really have no clue)

but an OT forum's activity DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL, so who cares if it isn't as active as the announcement forums, in fact, i would hope it wouldn't be but i'm still in favor of one.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:47 pm

You know after reading this thread, I'm more impressed than ever by the remarkable restraint G_Q, Doki, Sanya, etc display. I have no idea how they have managed to not pick up a stick and beat org users like a spastic 5 year old on a sugar high trying to break open a pinata full of candy.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Hmmm.. I mostly just wanted to post in my own thoughts about some of the things I've been reading/ glancing over. I mostly wanted to ask, "What ever happened to just private messaging someone?" No offence to anyone, but I think a lively chatroom would be nice, and skype features and so forth so people can interact with each other, and a beta section might even be nice. BUT honestly, if you want to communicate with editors and everyone on here, why not just pm? You want a beta tester, why so hesitant to just pm and ask?

I've done it a few time, and I've actually slowly communicated with a few people on here, before slowing moving to msn, or skype. all it takes is not looking for the "easy" option. If you like an editors work, just "try" private messaging them. The worse that can happen is they don't reply. And well, I haven't pmed a lot of editors, but no one has never not replied back.

Also, I think having access to deleted your videos would generally be bad. When I looked at ukms[z] who is my absolute favourite editor, I adore his works, and love watching his videos. What if he came to the point where he thought, well I think I want to remove my videos. He hasn't edited in a really long time. But think if he removed his videos, then yes their would be youtube, and private sharing. BUT eventually youtube deletes AMV's, due to BOTH anime and music. So what if eventually his works just "disappeared" Then someone like me (though keep in mind I do have his works downloaded xD) but say I didn't and I was new, and I never stumbled onto his video Reflections and was never as inspired to edit as I was when I first seen that video. Well quite frankly, I wouldn't be editing. In fact I think very slowly AMVing would disappear. Because people can't keep making accounts on youtube, but one day it will eventually just stop. One day how do we not know that youtube will block everything from music, to anime, to tv shows and so forth. We dont.

Then here on the org, would still have all those precious AMV's the ones that started everything and inspired people, probably some of you too. But if you allowed people to delete them. Then there would only be messaging systems, and that doesn't reach new editors, who are too scared to send a simple pm. I really think its important we don't allow that deleting option, because I want to be able to view my favourite AMV's forever, even though they are downloaded/downloadable( not the point), I want them to be viewed by new editors along the generations too. Not just stop here.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:47 am

Arigatomina wrote:Does anyone arguing in favor of a beta-testing subforum plan to actually use it? Is anyone fighting in this thread going to post their betas or watch other people's betas if we get this subforum? If the answer is no, then stop pushing it onto other people who aren't going to use it, either.

If the idea is to lure in new members who'd want to use it, then you're going to have to find some people willing to watch these things first. New members would only come here for our sparkling new beta-sharing subforum if they thought experienced editors here would be willing to go into that subforum and watch the betas they share in there. Are there any experienced editors here willing to watch these betas if new people were lured into the forum by a beta-sharing subforum?

What's wrong with the org is that people aren't watching as many amvs as they used to and when they *do* watch one, they leave nothing to show that they've watched that vid. That especially goes for the people posting in this forum. You're not willing to watch new editors' vids, you're not willing to op vids, you're not willing to give a beta the time of day, and the few vids you do watch you don't even bother to drop a QC for. I'd wager half the editors on this forum don't even like watching amvs anymore unless the vids are their own or their rival/idol/friend's vids. On a site where everyone makes and no one watches, it's no wonder the activity is dropping off. Making new creator-related subforums for the org isn't going to help if you have no one here willing to watch the creations.

I'd love to use it and would really like one.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:51 am

Begi wrote:
BastAmv wrote:And yeah Beta testing sub-forums sounds like one of the most useless things.
Rather make a random sub-forum where everyone can interact and keep the community flowing.
I started it?

Every forum on this site is related to AMVs, but a random sub-forum would not be. And of course you would misunderstand what I said. What I meant by this not becoming like YouTube was literally that. Just because we have video previews doesn't mean we are automatically like YouTube, dumbfuck. We don't have a favorites system, a channel comment system, etc/all the other bullshit that YouTube has. So explain to me how having video previews is like YouTube? You still have to go look for the video and click multiple things to actually preview it. YouTube is a 2-click thing. Get your shit straight, mane.
And yes I misunderstood because you're horrible at stating what you mean.
Where the hell are you going with this? Stop stirring up my post.
Begi wrote:it seems rather difficult to watch videos. there should be an easier method to find videos and watch them.
BastAmv wrote:video streaming was only made for preview purposes, you're expected to download the video and watch it.
What part of that do you not understand. If you're concluding that even non-org users should be able to watch videos then that's something the admins wouldn't want.
Anyways I'm done with this, you've always been a stubborn little man that never stops. I don't wanna create a scene here so if you still want to discuss this take it to the pms otherwise I wont respond to any more spam.

Return to “Org Redesign”