The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Post by Pwolf » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:52 am

I don't think anyone can say for sure what will attract new members (and keep them) without actually implementing the idea. I don't really think anything will change the fact that I just don't watch videos anymore. I don't think adding all these ideas is really meant to make people like myself participate more then we are. It's to get all those people who don't already use the org to get their AMV fix to come and stay. If a Beta subforum helps, then so be it but we wont know until something happens. All we are doing is speculating.

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:20 am

@ Kaream

watch videos is synonymous with "preview"?

stfu & gtfo.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:53 am

Arigatomina wrote:Does anyone arguing in favor of a beta-testing subforum plan to actually use it? Is anyone fighting in this thread going to post their betas or watch other people's betas if we get this subforum? If the answer is no, then stop pushing it onto other people who aren't going to use it, either.
While I wouldn't release my own betas on it, and I'm not fighting for it, I would actually look at and comment on betas people would post in it. Which, perhaps, is one of the better reasons to not do it...

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 am

godix wrote:While I wouldn't release my own betas on it, and I'm not fighting for it, I would actually look at and comment on betas people would post in it. Which, perhaps, is one of the better reasons to not do it...
but you don't comment the betas that are posted in the plain OP exchange forum...so having this subforum would encourage you to be more active in that department?

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:07 pm

I'd drop a deuce or two there from time to time... literaly
If you do not think so... you will DIE

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:27 pm

do you know what literally means?

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:17 pm

I meant what I said and I said what I meant sir
If you do not think so... you will DIE

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:06 am

I probably would rarely go into such a subforum. Then only comment on threads that look like they want some feedback. (That is if I go into the subforum at all... there's already plenty of forums I don't even bother with anymore.)

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:37 am

gotegenks wrote:
godix wrote:While I wouldn't release my own betas on it, and I'm not fighting for it, I would actually look at and comment on betas people would post in it. Which, perhaps, is one of the better reasons to not do it...
but you don't comment the betas that are posted in the plain OP exchange forum...so having this subforum would encourage you to be more active in that department?
I still mentally classify op exchange as the 'give me all 10's' begging and whining area of the site. So no, I don't comment on betas there because I haven't paid attention to what gets posted in that forum for years.

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I actually have one comment about the current org that might be something to address. I think a current flaw would be that there's actually too much forums and subforums that distract the members away from the amv announcements. I generally find myself every time coming into the org going to the "other" stuff, rather than going to watch people's amvs. I realize that certain forums have their purpose such as to help editors technically, editorially, and build off of ideas, and I do appreciate those forums because they have informed me a lot. I'm not suggesting to get rid of the General Discussion, Anime Screencaps, or even the General AMV, because we do need some things to lighten our faces. However it would be nice if the redesign could be a little more simpler and maybe the org staff could consider redirecting the members to focus more on watching and commenting on AMVs and making AMV Announcement threads more appealing to the community.

Return to “Org Redesign”