Your own anime soundtrack

Madzack
Org Profile

Your own anime soundtrack

Post by Madzack » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:01 pm

If you make your own anime, what kind of anime score would you use? Techno? Orchestral? Rock? Who do you want to write the anime scores for your anime?

Me? I'd like Graeme Revell, Eric Serra or Talvin Singh to write the soundtrack. The soundtrack would a lot of metal guitars, industrial beats, and Middle Eastern chorals and orchestra. I'll hire the likes of Shakira or Natacha Atlas to sing the main music of the anime for me. Maybe I might hire Apocalyptica for the cellos or maybe some Megadeth member for the guitars. :twisted:

What about you?
Urushihara Satoshi is Darth Jittery!

Warp fave anime celebs into Star Wars Villains at The Star Wars Villain Name Generator

Jace Tsunami
Org Profile

Post by Jace Tsunami » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:07 pm

I'd use a lot of techno, but I'd hire three people for the job. 2 people would make two diffrent songs, and I'd have a dj mix them nice and good. It's the reals tuff you listen to at clubs that's the best, shit like that.

Other than the techno I'd have a lot of punk rock. i know they're known for their whiney voices what ever, but there are some awsome drummers out there and guitarists. If i ever needed instruments like that I'd definetly have a punk rock band write the parts and play them.
http://www.punkaddict.com

myspace.com/punkaddict

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:09 pm

I'd pay Yoko Kanno and Seatbelts a pile of hypothetical cash to score my show.

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:41 pm

I'd use many touching songs with meaning, such as orchestral and vocal songs. I'd also like to use songs that can get you going, you know, make you feel all powered up or something, kind of like "Duel!" from the Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz soundtrack.

I'd make sure the soundtrack kicks complete ass.

(Sic)Traumschänder
Org Profile

Post by (Sic)Traumschänder » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:46 pm

I think I would use many fast and agressive songs for the Film but the end and the beginning of the movie will be very sad and slow. I also want a woman voice at one or two of the songs and at the Final Battle some Orchestra and chorus
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
A chill rises
From the soil
And contaminates the air
Suddenly...
Life has new meaning

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:58 pm

It really depends on the anime. Most likely, though, Raymond Watts (aka Pig) from KMFDM. For instrumentals, at least, if not vocals also.
I'm out...

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:08 pm

First, I would have to look at the different scenes and decide what type of music is best for the scene in question. What effect do I want to evoke in the viewer? Do I want to distract them from the world of the anime and allow for an outside persective or draw them deeper into it and really get them into the story and the characters? Would a fast song or a slow song fit this or that character's emotional state at the time best?

I'd most likely end up using a variety of genres since I listen to several different types of music. Some artists and bands that come to mind are Natalie Imbruglia, Kamelot, Nightwish, Radiohead, Tweaker, Fastball, Tsuneo Imahori (Trigun OST kicks much ass, and he played guitar on a few Bebop songs), Yoko Kanno is a given, Shudder to Think, or at the very least Craig Wedren, Demons and Wizards, Foo Fighters, The Pillows, Rammstein, Bush, Geggy Tah, Yasunori Mitsuda, Tori Amos, Natalie Merchant, etc.

Essentially, I'd like a soundtrack that cycles the gamut of musicality. I want a soundtrack that transcends musical genres and is simply about the right music for the right mood at the right time.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Clara Yuri Asaki
Location: Where the Goddesses sleep in each other's arms peacefully... Loves: Shoujo-Ai and Yuri
Org Profile

^_^

Post by Clara Yuri Asaki » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:13 pm

Awesome techno remixes to Nobuo Uematsu's great spiritual, touching, deep, & magical musical arrangements! ^_^
Image Image Image
- ^_^ Love and more love! ^_^ -

Jace Tsunami
Org Profile

Post by Jace Tsunami » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:18 pm

HEY!

Naughty Clara's back!
http://www.punkaddict.com

myspace.com/punkaddict

Madzack
Org Profile

Post by Madzack » Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:36 pm

For me, I want to do something at a level of anime like EVA or Xenosaga, except, of course, it'll be my own. And where both of these anime turn to classical music for inspiration, I thought I might up an ante a bit by using a more ethnic form of music, mostly from the Middle East and South Asia. There's a wealth and richness of these kinds of music that should've been in most "complex" anime. I want to use their unique style of instrumentation and choral music, exploit them enough to convey both trancendental and emotional side of the anime I "would" be making. I thought I might break what I might consider a bland cliche of "string" music so frequently use in most anime.

Think of it. EVA-like anime using Middle Eastern soundtrack.
Urushihara Satoshi is Darth Jittery!

Warp fave anime celebs into Star Wars Villains at The Star Wars Villain Name Generator

Return to “General Anime”