Spoiler Courtesy

Propyro
Org Profile

Post by Propyro » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:11 am

el_farlo wrote: you have to remember that people are generally stupid, therefore its needed to keep from upsetting the dumb.
hey theres plenty of times i've seen spoilers to shows that were in threads that had nothing to do with the show, or just vaugely associated with it.

Ie. I think I got his with an escaflowne spoiler in an anime sex thread once.

[/|\]

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:28 pm

StarRaiders]cV[ wrote:why bother doing this though? if anyone REALLY wanted to know cuz alot of pplz r the kind who read the back of the books 1st, theyd use this thing newayz!!! sorry hadda get that out ;)
If you're asking why we should use spoiler tags at all- and I'm not entirely sure that you are- it's so that people can choose whether or not they want to see the spoilers.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Bakasaru-chan
Org Profile

Spoilers

Post by Bakasaru-chan » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:24 pm

In my opinion, I like to read spoilers because I can't wait until the anime series/episode comes out. I read them to find out about the characters and the plot and such. It doesn't spoil the anime for me, it just gives me something to look forward to. Because, nothing can spoil the actual viewing of an anime. But, I can comply w/ other people's desires in not wanting to have their anime 'spoiled' on them. Cause I'm just a cute little girl in her own cute little anime world. :D
I like crazy people . . .
. . . because crazy people make me laugh.

LoST RaiNDRoP
Org Profile

Post by LoST RaiNDRoP » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:44 am

hmmm.. what are spoilers anyways? hidden txt? for what? i dont get it...
:roll:

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:12 pm

Hey LoST RaiNDRoP,

A spoiler is a major plot point to someone who hasn't seen the show/movie yet. Example: Someone has never seen the original movie "Star Wars". A spoiler for that could be:
Star Wars spoiler wrote:In the middle of the movie, Obewan is killed by Darth Vader so that Luke, Leia, and the rest can excape from the Death Star.

OR

Darth Vader is actually Luke Skywalker's father.
Mentioning something like that to someone who hasn't seen the movie could effectively "spoil" the movie for them since they already know what is going to happen.

Unfortunatly, most modern movie trailers are just a bunch of spoilers. I really really really wish they didn't say "I see dead people" in the trailer for Sixth Sense. That would have made the first half of the movie MUCH more enjoyable.

Anyways, I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

biawutnow
Org Profile

Post by biawutnow » Tue May 17, 2005 9:09 pm

actually why not just put spoiler on the topic? It takes like a couple seconds...less ur a dumbass and dont know when to stop reading.

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Tue May 17, 2005 9:17 pm

Or you are a very good/fast reader, and can read what ever is on the screen, like me. If it says spoiler, no matter how fast I scroll past it, I'll know what it said. I'm sure there are others like that too.

Tw!st3r
Org Profile

Spoilers and non-spoilers anime

Post by Tw!st3r » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:24 am

I don't understand what is a spoiler anime and a non-spoiler anime so when I have to notch in the anime step i don't know what to put, help me pliz , Thx :?

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:53 am

Malificus wrote:Or you are a very good/fast reader, and can read what ever is on the screen, like me. If it says spoiler, no matter how fast I scroll past it, I'll know what it said. I'm sure there are others like that too.
Exactly. What I usually do is just don't open a thread that has a topic about an anime I've never watched.

Gods Dark Angel
Org Profile

Post by Gods Dark Angel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:17 am

Spoiler wrote:This is a test... I hope it works...
Kratos could totally beat up your dad. With his own limbs. Unless your dad is Voltron.
Kalium wrote:Basically, I happened to the local.

Return to “General Anime”