Funny mistake in Metropolis

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Funny mistake in Metropolis

Post by Anime Jedi » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:22 pm

I was watching the dubbed DVD version of Metropolis this morning and found this really weird, well, thing, in the movie. In the DVD, at the 19th scene and 0:48 into it, this guy (I forget his name) gets shot and then a candle appears on his ear. :roll:

Weird huh. To clear things up, I'll start from the beginning of the scene. The president and this guy were talking on a balcony. The army general comes in and talks to the guy and president, pretending to be their ally. Troops barge in and the general admits he's betraying them both. The guy reaches for his gun in his pocket and gets shot. He starts to fall to the ground, lifeless. This is the weird part. As he becomes lifeless, still standing, this candle appears on his right ear, to us, his left ear. A couple of seconds later, while he's falling, it disappears. :roll:

:idea: I thought I was just seeing things, but since it's a DVD, I could easily pause on the moments it was there. And believe you me, it was there.

:?: I was wondering if anybody else noticed this? And have you ever found anything like this in other shows/movies?

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:44 pm

pm jbone about this.....i know he has the DVD casue i bought it for him for his b-day.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:30 pm

I noticed in episode 7 or something (not sure, but it was the army like one) of Najica Blitz Tactics, in one brief scene the animators forgot to draw the lower half of one character's body.
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

professor_stampede
Org Profile

Post by professor_stampede » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:27 pm

I don't believe I ever caught that mistake, but I know I remember seeing a sign in it that was supposed to say 'Revolution' but instead said 'Revorution'. But... a candle in a guy's ear? I'll have to look for that next time I watch it.

Never heard of Najica Blitz Tactics, but forgetting to draw the lower half of a character's body is quite the mistake, isn't it?

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:25 pm

The Candle is not a mistake.

Most anime fans are used to the sweatdrop...

However... in old manga, when someone is killed, some artists place a candle by a person's head - A way of representing someone's life being snuffed out.

It is a technique that isn't done much anymore... however, since they were capturing the style of the old manga, they kept that effect.

Trust me... it's supposed to be there.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:09 pm

You've got to be kidding be :!: So they used to use a candle instead. That's so cool. :D I was really wondering about it. It was obvious to see, but it wasn't there very long, so I didn't know what to make of it. Well, I have to admit that this has been very informative. Thanks :wink:

Return to “General Anime”