Anime suggestions please - stuck on an AMV

Katranat
Org Profile

Anime suggestions please - stuck on an AMV

Post by Katranat » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Hey everyone.

This is kind of a big ask but I'm hoping with the wealth of anime knowledge on here someone might know something that's suitable for what I need.

Basically, I'm working on a multi anime AMV, and I'm stuck on what anime to use for a specific part and I don't feel I'm able to work on the project until I'm sure of every anime I want to use for all of it.

For the part I'm stuck on, I need a male character who comes across as otherworldly/godlike/is revered/is deified. For reference, there is a counterpart to this section where I'm doing a similar thing with a female character, in this case I'm using Tima from Metropolis, as even to someone who doesn't know anything about the anime, the way she is portrayed instantly points to her being something "other" or "more".
I'm mainly stuck cause most of the male characters who come to mind with these traits don't really have scenes that make that obvious, and will most likely come across as "eh, it's just a hot guy". So I really need someone with a lot of gravitas or something. I don't quite know how to describe it better, but really it seems to be a thing mostly only female characters in anime have.
I guess maybe to make it a bit clearer, the part of the song is basically saying they are the most amazing person and they inspire eternal devotion. That kinda thing.

I also asked this question on Reddit, but I didn't get any suggestions that I felt would work properly (well, one of the suggestions was Akagi, but visually I don't think that would work).

I'm grateful for any ideas you guys may have!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Anime suggestions please - stuck on an AMV

Post by Kireblue » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 am

you might find Sakamoto useful

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 am

kinda comes to mind
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
Still better than that MMO.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 am
you might find Sakamoto useful
You know what, I hadn't considered this anime at all cause it's completely ridiculous, but actually it's a pretty good suggestion. I'd have to see if I can make it seem serious rather than silly but it might work. Thank you for this :)

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:38 pm

Mol wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 am
kinda comes to mind
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
Damn, this looked promising, but unfortunately when he has a shirt on he falls into the category of "generic pretty boy anime protagonist". And I don't really want to use shirtless clips for reasons... Thank you though!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:24 pm

I recently watched Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia and I think the character Gilgamesh kind of fits what you're looking for. Trying to find a specific clip that would illustrate exactly what I mean but nothing on YouTube quite gets this across in the way I was hoping it would, so perhaps he's not going to fit your needs as well as I'd hoped.

Were you looking for something very new-looking or retro?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:34 pm

This is hard, but I was wondering if maybe Fuuma from X (TV) would work? Once the sides are chosen, he has some of that feel to him. Yes, he has a school uniform, but he also has a big ornate sword and psychic powers, and he has the uncanny ability to resemble the people important to you.

Or maybe Iskandar from Fate/Zero? He might not come across as otherworldly as Gilgamesh, but he certainly has the "inspiring eternal devotion" part down pat.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:30 pm

seasons wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:24 pm
I recently watched Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia and I think the character Gilgamesh kind of fits what you're looking for. Trying to find a specific clip that would illustrate exactly what I mean but nothing on YouTube quite gets this across in the way I was hoping it would, so perhaps he's not going to fit your needs as well as I'd hoped.

Were you looking for something very new-looking or retro?
Gilgamesh looks pretty badass, but you're right he doesn't seem to have any scenes where that's properly emphasised. I might have to see if I can skim through the anime to check properly. Though, from what I can see from his "epic" moments posted on Youtube, they're kinda meh :(

Something older would probably be better, like 80% of the other anime I'm planning to use in the video is pre 2010, so it would mesh better. However at this point I don't really mind too much tbh, as long as I can make it look sincere.
Honestly, I'm kinda annoyed by how specific I want this to be. For example, Light from Death Note would almost be perfect due to his scenes where he imagines he's a god, the trouble is, he comes across as evil -_-

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:34 pm
This is hard, but I was wondering if maybe Fuuma from X (TV) would work? Once the sides are chosen, he has some of that feel to him. Yes, he has a school uniform, but he also has a big ornate sword and psychic powers, and he has the uncanny ability to resemble the people important to you.

Or maybe Iskandar from Fate/Zero? He might not come across as otherworldly as Gilgamesh, but he certainly has the "inspiring eternal devotion" part down pat.
Dammit, sadly I'm using X for another part of the video. Also Fumma would probably come across as evil, though to people who hadn't seen the anime, that might be less obvious.

Yeah, gonna have to say no Iskandar cause he's old. I know that's terrible, but yeah, gonna have to be a younger guy (or a least someone who looks younger cause you never know with anime :P)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:44 pm

I forgot I had also wanted to suggest Celestin from the OMG! movie, with the caveat that I've only seen that movie once and don't remember it very well. But he fits the description of a reasonably young male god-like figure.

Or maybe Soubi from Loveless? That one might be a bit of a reach.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “General Anime”