Anime suggestions please - stuck on an AMV

linlinöönilnil
Org Profile

Re: Anime suggestions please - stuck on an AMV

Post by linlinöönilnil » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:02 pm

For the part I'm stuck on, I need a male character who comes across as otherworldly/godlike/is revered/is deified? You could try Enel from OnePiece. Is character design reminds a little bit of Buddha + Eminem. He is a god who can hear everything what is subjects do in heaven. He also has a ability called Mantra, which is basically future sight useful in combat. Everyone fears him. The protagonist Ruffy travels to heaven .. and kicks gods ass as gods natural enemy. Pre 2010 checks out.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:44 pm
I forgot I had also wanted to suggest Celestin from the OMG! movie, with the caveat that I've only seen that movie once and don't remember it very well. But he fits the description of a reasonably young male god-like figure.

Or maybe Soubi from Loveless? That one might be a bit of a reach.
Damn, totally didn't think about guys from Ah My Goddess. I've only ever seen AMV's of it, so I have no idea if it'd have the kind of clips I'm after but that is a really good suggestion thank you very much. Will look into that for sure.

I kinda get where you're coming from with Loveless, but that anime just doesn't feel right to me

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 pm

linlinöönilnil wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:02 pm
For the part I'm stuck on, I need a male character who comes across as otherworldly/godlike/is revered/is deified? You could try Enel from OnePiece. Is character design reminds a little bit of Buddha + Eminem. He is a god who can hear everything what is subjects do in heaven. He also has a ability called Mantra, which is basically future sight useful in combat. Everyone fears him. The protagonist Ruffy travels to heaven .. and kicks gods ass as gods natural enemy. Pre 2010 checks out.
Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't think this will work because of One Pieces distinctive art style. I don't think a viewer would be able to suspend disbelief and get into the video because all they'd be able to think would be "oh it's that guy from One Piece". I know that's a problem generally with how popular some anime are, but with One Piece it's just so instantly easily identifiable.

Return to “General Anime”