looking for a scene

mulraf2
Org Profile

looking for a scene

Post by mulraf2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:43 am

o/

please tell me this forum's still active :|

i'm looking for a scene where someone pushes against something (e.g. a gate) to open it (like leaning against it and pushing). best case it's 2 people in the same scene pushing something like a gate open. i know this is very specific but i thought i should just give it a try :D

what i want to achieve is having bars like in a 4:3 format and then masking that scene where someone pushes as if he pushed the black bars of a 4:3 screen to a 16:9 screen (and that on both sides at the same time basically). i think it's pretty easy to imagine what i'm trying to find. really hope someone can help with this :o

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: looking for a scene

Post by Mol » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:18 am

hunterxhunter ep 23 tho i don't think it's exactly what you want D:
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:57 am

Sword Art Online, episode 9, the very beginning of the episode. The angle of the shot might not fit your needs, though.

Soul Eater, episode 30, also at the very beginning of the episode. The motion in this shot is really slow and it probably doesn't last as long as you'd ideally like, so I also don't know if this is going to work for you.

also: https://kodamabutts.tumblr.com/post/89827622451/

ProstrateConstantly
Org Profile

Post by ProstrateConstantly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Sounds like someone just watched Mommy (2014)

mulraf2
Org Profile

Post by mulraf2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:19 am

thanks a lot :3

yeah, they are all really not eeexactly what i'm looking for but it's the right direction. the soul eater one looks interesting angle-wise and the speed of the motion really isn't bad but the quality would be really bad if i scaled that tiny thing up to 2k having him fill the whole screen. pixelart basically lol. also it's not that great having him in the middle.

hm.... maybe it's better getting rid of the door part. there doesn't really specifically have to be a door, i just need a "push" motion. but one more along the lines of this https://youtu.be/Lg2dqFCU67Q?t=40 only sideways and not a cartoon-styled giant rock maybe lol. and i know goku firing a kamehameha or something might come to mind with this stance but i think it will be hard to make that look like natural pushing belonging in the scene bc. of the stroboscopic light and fully getting rid of the beam might be hard. but it would probably come close to what i'm looking for 🤔

anyways. thanks a lot for the replies so far, i really didn't think i would get suggestions this fast or at any time tbh lol.

mulraf2
Org Profile

Post by mulraf2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:45 am

aactually i've remembered a series with los of dungeons and doors and stuff lol. phi brain. https://youtu.be/o2-6a8Ar-uw?t=1060 guess that works. it's not perfect either since i would prefer pushing sideways but i guess it might be possible. if not i'll have a good series to skim through i guess. sadly i can't edit my posts so i have to spam a bit here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
well. if anyone knows someone pushing something to the side by any chance that would still be appreciated a lot but if not i got something i guess :3

Return to “General Anime”