Winter 2017/2018 Anime Lineup

Jasta85
Org Profile

Winter 2017/2018 Anime Lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:18 pm

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2018/tv

Current season is wrapping up, time to check out the upcoming season. Not including series that are continuing from this season like Magus bride and Garo.

My "Will definitely See" List:

Overlord II - FINALLY it's here, madhouse 1 season curse has been broken. If it covers the same amount of material as the first season then we can expect to see some pretty cool stuff this season, it will also probably be a bit darker than season 1 if they keep to the original material.

Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu - First series of this anime got me into the manga, great series, good blend of action and humor with fun characters. Looking forward to this.

Fate/Extra: Last Encore - Love the fate series and series in the same universe, i have not played the extra games this is based on although I am familiar with the storyline. Not even going to try and explain as the universe is extremely lore dense and I would have to write a 10 page paper to properly bring you up to speed. Very excited for a new fate series although slightly sad Ufotable is not involved. Ironically Ufotable is doing another short series or one shot that is also about the fate universe this season as well so double fun. It is being done by SHAFT so expect maximum head tilts.

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - This series could be hit or miss, based on a light novel of a guy who is sent to another world and becomes completely OP (never heard that plot before heh). I've actually read the light novel and it is enjoyable to read but it's a very chill story, the main character is super OP and only has a couple fights where he actually has to go all out, other than that he's just trying to stay low profile and just travel around. Oh, and he's a loli magnet, gets a whole harem, most of which are lolis, even though he's only interested in older women heh.

Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou - I watched the first basilisk series and really enjoyed it. All out war between two ninja clans with all key members having special powers. Had some really cool fight scenes although it was pretty depressing as pretty much everyone died (spoilers heh). This is apparently the sequel taking place 10 years later.

My "Am interested/curious about" list:

Grancrest Senki - No idea what this is about beyond the description but I'm always up for some fantasy action series, and A-1 usually does a better job more often than not.

Beatless - Description sounds interesting, humanity has a made androids to serve them, somehow they end up running wild but the MC has one that protects him or something. Sounds similar to irobot or plastic memories. Will be checking it out.

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen - I never watched the whole first cardcaptor sakura series, watched the first few episodes when I was first getting into anime and it never grabbed me. I think this is a remake, and being made by madhouse so guess I'll check it out to see what's up.

Violet Evergarden - Been hearing good things about the light novels, got a lot of hype, although these really philosophical series end up really depressing half the time, I'll see what the hype is about now.

Kokkoku - Something about stopping time to save family and running into other people who can also stop time, very weird description but it sounds interesting. Just hope it doesn't end up super dark like "Another" or something.

Killing bites - Anime human hybrid type stuff, wonder if this is a result of the monster girl genre success. It's tags include both horror and ecchi, which is a wierd combination, last series I can remember doing that was highschool of the dead I think heh.

Lot of series that look great or that look interesting next season, although madhouse needs to hurry up and release one punch man season 2 already.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Winter 2017/2018 Anime Lineup

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 pm

My definite list is Magnus Bride, Violet Evergarden, and CardCaptor. I'm also gonna try to binge Seven Deadly Sins and try to catch up to it while it's airing.

I also plan on checking out Citrus, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, Kokkoku, and Darling in the FranXX.

And I might also give Ryuuou no Oshigoto!, Märchen Mädchen, 25-sai no Jyoshikousei

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:55 am

Death march Kara sounds up my alley

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Of the nonsequels and stuff, Citrus and Pop Team Epic for sure. May or May not check out others as they release
Under Construction

Return to “General Anime”