3rd grader

batman677
Org Profile

3rd grader

Post by batman677 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:57 am

I want my son to be into anime. he is 3rd grade. He likes Hunter x hunter, attack on titan, full metal panic, detective conan. He has watched all the eng. Dub. Of Conan, and full metal panic. But seems like he looses interest in the others.

Anyways I've been out of the anime scene for about 10years if you guys could recommend an anime that is Eng.Dub. My son is not a strong reader so it needs to be a dub. For now .. And one that has been compleated. Naruto doesn't, full metal alchemist, doesn't work for him they are to slow for him.

He could watch any anime just not hentai, a little pervy is ok not to much, "Goldenboy" is to much, great teacher onizuka pervynes is ok.

I think if the characters are like his age he is more likely to watch it even if it's not interesting all the time

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: 3rd grader

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 am

wow, attack on titan for a 3rd grader (guessing 8 or 9 year old?), that's some pretty hard core stuff to be watching at that age. from what I understand he likes detective conan and full metal panic but not the others? That would make sense as there is a lot of talking and intellectual stuff going on in hunter x hunter and full metal alchemist that I probably wouldn't have understood at that age. You're showing him some pretty advanced stuff for a kid heh.

As for dubbed shows, you could go old school like yu yu hakusho, dragon ball z, one piece or bleach, entire series is dubbed so he can watch it from start to end. If he liked full metal panic you could try some of the gundam shows for big robots, although they pretty much all have a bunch of political stuff in them which I could see boring him. Hell, just look up the series they showed on old toonami and cartoon network. Trigun, pokemon, digimon, inuyasha. Those were all tried and true series that American kids loved and that our generation grew up with. Just because they're old doesn't mean kids won't still enjoy them.

batman677
Org Profile

Post by batman677 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:28 pm

“” Advanced stuff “” I’m afraid he will get bored of it more quickly if it’s not. Good indie on go No old school. We did se yuyu hakusho that was I think his first complete anime we started bleach he seems to like that. But as for DBZ I’m afraid that it just might have to many fillers for him.

I have to confess the reason I want him to like anime is Because that’s the only time I get to watch anime. Wife thinks it’s stupid, how ever I did make her sit down and see grave of the fire flies. She cried she never wants to see that again. LOL

If you guys could recommend how to get the wife onboard then I could fix the problem at its root source

batman677
Org Profile

Post by batman677 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:31 pm

*** good idea I’m going old-school ***

hanayoridanggofan
Org Profile

Post by hanayoridanggofan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 am

I got my daughter addicted to Fushigi Yugi before and every time the main character got hurt she cried. I guess the main character named Miaka. I'm not really a fan of anime but when I started watching the anime she likes I'm bit entertained. But I have a problem with my daughter right now she thinks that love is like anime love story. Her boyfriend broke up with her a couple of days and keeps on crying the whole day, don't want to eat, go outside, or even take a bath she's just watching the same anime every day. It's all messed up. I told her that it's normal but she insisted the feeling of an anime character that she'll be loved again and I said Yes you'll be loved again but not now. You need to go understand better than this anime characters are not real. I let her read books and articles about break ups and how to overcome them like this articlehttps://ponbee.com/inspirational-quotes-for-women/ So maybe it's not a good option for your child to get addicted to anime. Swear!

batman677
Org Profile

Post by batman677 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Oh I remember that one, the two main characters would say each other’s name a lot LOL. Mianka, Tamahome, Mianka, Tamahome, Mianka,.... LOL

yea that was a good one. I don’t think he is ready for a big story like that one. Ranma1/2 is a good one too my son watch quite a bit of that, your daughter might like I’ll.

If you want a good anime that has good high school drama bullshit try peach girl. :up:

batman677
Org Profile

Post by batman677 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Is also very good

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 pm

what kind of stuff does your wife like? If she's into romance then check out Ore Monogatari, it's a romantic comedy but is really good (this from a person who very rarely watches romantic comedy). About a really big tough guy who is the embodiment of the word "manly" who figured he would never get a girlfriend because he's so intimidating, and all the girls always fell for his hot friend (who is actually the best bro in the world). But a cute girl ends up falling in love with him and it's ridiculously funny and full of warm and fuzzy feels. Pretty much free of any depressing drama like most romances seem to be stuffed with. Unusual thing is they actually end up together pretty much right away, and the series is about their relationship, unlike most series which seem to end when the two main characters actually start to get together.

For your son go trigun, that had me glued to the screen and I had absolutely no idea what was going on when I first watched it as a kid. You could try Zero no Tsukaima, about a guy who gets summoned into a fantasy world as a familiar to a spoiled girl and gets caught up in a bunch of adventures. It's got 3 or 4 seasons, was pretty popular when it came out.

Return to “General Anime”