Fall 2017 Anime Lineup

Jasta85
Org Profile

Fall 2017 Anime Lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 pm

https://www.livechart.me/fall-2017/tv

Just a couple weeks till the next season so let's see what's upcoming. btw, not going to list continuing series from this season like dragon ball super or Shoukoku no Altair.

My "will definitely check out" list

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara: The return of the foodgasms as well as animation that genuinely makes me hungry when they cook. Also get ready for the arrival of major villain of the series. Happy to see this show returning.

Mahoutsukai no Yome: The manga for this is really good, focuses on a girl who is sold as a slave and is bought by a non-human magus but sort of gets adopted as his apprentice/life partner. it's got a lot of folklore elements in it and some really interesting characters. There was also an OVA of this that came out a little while back. Looking forward to this.

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond: Aww yea, my biggest hope for this series is that the opening and ending will be just as good because they were both amazing in the original series. But yea, no idea what to expect because the series itself is so crazy and unpredictable but I loved the first season and will definitely be checking out this one.

UQ Holder! Mahou Sensei Negima! 2: It's wierd that they're doing the sequel to negima when they never actually did the first manga justice as the manga basically turned into a super powered shonen action series (sort of like hitman reborn and toriko) but the animes never made it that far. I started reading UQ holder but didn't go to far as it had just come out and decided to let it grow a bit before diving in, so I'm going to be going into this a bit blind but I'm actually happy about that so I can enjoy it with little to no spoilers.

Garo: Vanishing Line: Another garo series? This is the 3rd series I've seen come out in this universe and while the other two didn't blow me away they were generally enjoyable enough for me to finish and now that it seems to have moved to the modern day I think I'll be checking this out.

Fireball Humorous: Where the heck did this come from? I remember this on cartoon network (toonami I think) like 15 years ago, I have no idea if this is a rerun or new episodes but for nostalgia's sake I'll check it out.

Himouto! Umaru-chan R: Yes I'm going to check this out but my god the first series made umaru annoying, the manga makes her a little better but in general she pisses me off. I say this as a person who has a little sister and if she acted the way umaru does she'd be kicked out of the house post haste. But I'll be watching season 2 anyway.

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series:
I remember watching Kino's journey when I first started watching anime and it really left an impression on me, so I'll definitely be taking a look at this series. Definitely an interesting look at different cultures and perspectives around the world (although they are all fiction it's still cool).

My, "I have no idea what this is but I'm interested" list:

Black Clover: I've had this series recommended to me, I have no idea if it's any good or not but it involves wizards fighting each other or something so I'll at least be checking it out.

Inuyashiki: I've had this series recommended to me but after looking at the description it reminded me a lot of gantz and I'm still having trauma over that series so I put it off, but now that the anime is here I guess I'll be checking it out.

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara: The description sounds cute so I'm checking it out.

Shiyan Pin Jiating anime about a family of human/animal/plant/insect hybrids trying to survive in life or something, sounds interesting. Hopefully it's more comedy rather than dark, as I could see it going either way.

ok, that's long enough, way too long. But at least there are quite a food good/interesting looking series coming out.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Fall 2017 Anime Lineup

Post by Kionon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 pm

We have the website draft next week, so I'll let you know what series I've been assigned then. I hope I get Kino. I liked the original.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Definitely watching: Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara, Mahoutsukai no Yome, and Himouto! Umaru-chan R. Still haven't finished the first season of Love Live! Sunshine so may or may not pick up the second one, at least right away. May pick up others as I learn more about them.
Under Construction

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 pm

Is it wrong if I want to watch the Sexy Nazi Anime? Cause I gotta level with you: I want to watch the Sexy Nazi Anime.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:15 am

Right now, Food Wars, Kino's Journey, and Umaru are the only shows that I've watched and are definitely sticking with. I wish Umaru hadn't gotten picked up by Anime Strike though. Also gonna stat watching Magus Bride.

Tried giving Black Clover a shot, but the main character is sooooo annoying. He's like Naruto with ADHD, and I just can imagine suffering through that for 12 whole episodes.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:01 pm

Sexy Nazi anime is a boring bust.

Ancient Magus Bride is made of win. I want me some Bone Daddy. :3

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Ok, so far my very brief assessments:

Shokugeki no Souma: it's more of what made the past seasons great, granted I had high expectations so it hasn't blown me away but I am enjoying it as much as before.

Ancient Magus Bride: Watch it, it's great, they've done a good job adapting the manga and seem to be sticking to it very well.

Kekai Sensen: Really good, just as crazy as the first series and fun to watch because of it, only downside is that the ending song is not nearly as amazing.

UQ Holder: Kind of middle of the road, they've adjusted the source material to include a bunch of callbacks to the original series (which is weird considering the original series not got a full anime) and i'll have to see how it grows.

Fireball humorous: yep, it's just what I remember, very short clips of some humor watching that ojou-san robot and her butler.

Jūni Taisen Zodiac War: This is a surprisingly fun series, done by the same director as the bakemonogatari series and you can tell from his style. Basically a battle royal between a bunch of super assassins each with unique powers. great action scenes, and very brutal as pretty much no one has a happy life in it heh.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie: Pretty cute show, and has a fresh new twist in that the main character is a grown woman who has quit working because she got so over-pressured on her job and buried herself in games. Not mind blowing but still pretty fun to watch.

Black Clover: I remembered the last show this studio did, twin star exorcists, arrrrrrghhhhhh. I loved that manga so much and they absolutely mutilated it in the anime, making it like 3/4 fillers and completely changing the storyline, it was horrible. And from what I have read they are doing the same thing with black clover, the first 3 episodes have apparently only covered the first chapter of the manga (which I have not read) but I can still tell as they have flashbacks in the middle of fights that take up a whole episode by themselves and have a lot of repetitive stuff. That and the MC screams out every line he says. Glad I'm not a fan of the source material as I'd probably be feeling what I felt about twin star exorcists about now.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Kireblue wrote:Tried giving Black Clover a shot, but the main character is sooooo annoying. He's like Naruto with ADHD, and I just can imagine suffering through that for 12 whole episodes.
So this really carries on for more than the first two episodes? Because I just don’t know

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 pm

seasons wrote:
Kireblue wrote:Tried giving Black Clover a shot, but the main character is sooooo annoying. He's like Naruto with ADHD, and I just can imagine suffering through that for 12 whole episodes.
So this really carries on for more than the first two episodes? Because I just don’t know
2 eps was all I was willing to sit through, but I'm pretty sure that's the case

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:30 am

Kireblue wrote:
seasons wrote:
2 eps was all I was willing to sit through, but I'm pretty sure that's the case
I'm just watching it because it's something to do, but it's honestly not a good anime. You get used to Asta's voice though. The plot and characters are just so generically shonen, that it's just going through the motions of all the typical tropes of the genre.
ImageImage

Return to “General Anime”