Fall 2017 Anime Lineup

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Fall 2017 Anime Lineup

Post by seasons » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:14 pm

shorisquared wrote:You get used to Asta's voice though. The plot and characters are just so generically shonen, that it's just going through the motions of all the typical tropes of the genre.
This is only getting louder and more boldly derivative as it goes on. I'm at episode 6 now and crossing that boundary I think I might be locked in for the duration.

Not my decision, but we literally dropped Nichijou to watch this

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 pm

I didn't expect much from MMO Junkie based on title alone but it is hands down my actual favorite this season.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:24 am

DJ_Izumi wrote:I didn't expect much from MMO Junkie based on title alone but it is hands down my actual favorite this season.
I really appreciate that the main guy isn't as oblivious as what I've come to expect from male anime characters. He caught on to things a lot faster than I expected

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Kireblue wrote:
DJ_Izumi wrote:I didn't expect much from MMO Junkie based on title alone but it is hands down my actual favorite this season.
I really appreciate that the main guy isn't as oblivious as what I've come to expect from male anime characters. He caught on to things a lot faster than I expected
Yeah from title alone I was like 'Oh LOOK another RPG isekai anime, boring!' but I was so wrong in that surface level evaluation. It's more about real people and the 'online lives' they can have as well and their differing motivations for such games, stresses of corporate work, and actual ADULTS in relationships. I'd literally pre-order the Blu-Ray on Amazon right now if I could do that.

Return to “General Anime”