I'm not sure whether this classifies as an anime...

JackHeadphonius
Org Profile

I'm not sure whether this classifies as an anime...

Post by JackHeadphonius » Tue May 02, 2017 10:35 pm

NOTE: This may be just a dumb question to ask, and I'm sorry if it is, but I'd rather take the chance of looking like a doof instead of never knowing.

I've had an idea in my head for a few months now on making my first AMV. However, I'm questioning whether the series I want to use can be considered an Anime, as I've been tempted to submit for AMV contests.

The series is called Japan World Cup, and if you've ever been on the weird side of the internet, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't, here's a link to the first series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQIH5KyUjI

JWC is essentially a set of 3D animations narrated by a VA playing the race commentator. It originates from Japan but has not been televised. Rather (if memory serves me correctly,) It was used in bars as a game, where people would bet on which horse would win the race, all while the most insane things occurred during the races. (Keep in mind, I'm pretty sure there was no actual betting, but if there was, my mistake.)

See, my idea was to make a video of pure insanity from this series to the sound of the William Tell Overture Finale (AKA The Orchestral Horse Racing Music).

So, talk to me, AMV makers. Should Japan World Cup be considered an Anime or not? I'm honestly 50/50 on this at this point.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: I'm not sure whether this classifies as an anime...

Post by Kireblue » Wed May 03, 2017 1:08 am

By the current org standards and definition of anime, "Japan World Cup" would not qualify as one. But you can still post links to videos that use that source in the "Other Videos" forum. The only rule is that they can't be cataloged in our video database or uploaded to our local servers.

JackHeadphonius
Org Profile

Post by JackHeadphonius » Wed May 03, 2017 8:26 am

Alright, that clears things up. And I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks!

Barens
Org Profile

Post by Barens » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:14 am

He he at 1:36 that dudes got some swagger of that horse. lol.

Return to “General Anime”