Madhouse curse broken, Overlord and One Punch Man both getting 2nd seasons

Jasta85
Org Profile

Madhouse curse broken, Overlord and One Punch Man both getting 2nd seasons

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm

YES! Both Overlord and One Punch Man have been confirmed for second season. Overlord has a projected date for fall 2018, One punch man is in production but no announced date.

For those who don't know, it's a running joke that Madhouse never does more than one season of a series, although there have been exceptions in the past, but generally once they stop airing episodes of a show it doesn't come back. Hurray for fan power (and most likely lots of sales) that brought these two series back.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Madhouse curse broken, Overlord and One Punch Man both getting 2nd seasons

Post by Mol » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 am

Think i'm suprised most by overlord , decent season 1 but didn't expect 2nd season
Still better than that MMO.

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:35 am

Mol wrote:Think i'm suprised most by overlord , decent season 1 but didn't expect 2nd season
Yeah, the story has more to tell, but I am also surprised. I honestly didn't think a lot of people knew about the series, at least state side. Maybe it was way more popular in Japan?
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Overlord actually did pretty well in both Japan and overseas, not as insanely well as One Punch Man but it did far better than madhouse had expected. I read the light novels after the anime finished and if they cover as many volumes as they did in the first season you can expect some pretty epic moments in season 2. Might be too much to hope for a season 3 but you never know.

Gokusanjj
Org Profile

Post by Gokusanjj » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:52 pm

OPM was easy to see for a 2nd season. Our Caped Baldy was just had so much to love.

Overlord on the otherhand, although it had decent humor parts with the main character I felt like they spent too little time in action. Hopefully they're just building up to cool shit because apparently the manga was great.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:37 pm

It's based on a light novel, which is why there is so much conversation and such, they've got plenty of pages for dialogue, and yes if the 2nd season covers just as much as the first season (3 novels) then we'll see some pretty amazing action sequences. I do hope that madhouse can take some of the flare that they had in the one punch man action sequences and transfer that over to overlord though, OPM was head and shoulders above overlord in terms of the actual action sequences.

Return to “General Anime”