Spring 2017 Anime Lineup

Jasta85
Org Profile

Spring 2017 Anime Lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 pm

https://www.livechart.me/spring-2017/tv

Oh boy, you thought last season had some heavy hitters (and it did) this season is unleashing a lot of series with some serious hype behind them.

My "Will definitely watch" list:

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2: No explanation needed, the manga did tend to drag a bit in places with all the political drama but this is still going to be one of the major shows this season.

Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season: Super hyped for this, first season was amazing, excellent representation of the manga, I have high expectations for season 2.

Berserk season 2: This show got a lot of flak for its animation but personally I still enjoyed it, and they actually completely redid a number of scenes in the bluray which made it look a hell of a lot better. But still, season 2, and we finally get to see the actual berserk armor, and the loli witch heh. Super excited for this.

Tsugumomo: I read the manga of this, and it really has some scenes that are basically borderline hentai materials, but aside from that it's actually a really enjoyable series as far as being a shonen manga. I just hope the anime does it justice, not every series can get the level of quality and love that one punch man and boku no hero academia got.

My "somewhat interested in, and will check out" list:

Sword Oratoria: spinoff of dungeon machi that focuses on the sword princess. I never really understood spinoffs of popular series when the main series isn't even closed to being finished. It's like if game of thrones took a break and instead had a whole season focusing on hot pie and his quest to make the most delicious dire wolf shaped bread. but i'll check this out regardless.

Clockwork planet: I love steampunk/cyber punk so I'm hoping to get my fix from this series. Know nothing else about it

Eromanga-sensei: It's A-1 pictures, they tend to do pretty good work overall so it's worth checking out their series even if I know nothing about them.

Zero kara hajimeru mahou no Sho: Was interested in the description, so well be checking it out.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: Spring 2017 Anime Lineup

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:06 am

Oh dang. lookit all dem sequels.

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season
Little Witch Academia
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul

Sekai no Yami Zukan sounds interesting, may or may not pick it up.
Under Construction

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:27 pm

right now, my definites are
Little Witch Academia (TV)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Sakurada Reset

And my maybes are
Alice to Zouroku
Eromanga-sensei

SilverLugia345
Org Profile

Post by SilverLugia345 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Ones that I will be watching is:

Boku No Hero Academia Season Two: I have been waiting for the next season of Boku No Hero Academia to come out. I love the first season and I'm currently keeping up to date with the manga. Probably one of my top favorite animes and manga.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Even though I didn't follow Naruto as closely I did see the Boruto movie and that got me interested to see where the anime goes. I heard that it was good so I want to check it out.

Granblue Fantasy the animation: I have seen trailers for this anime and from what I have saw it looks like it has pretty good characters and storyline.

Seikaisuru Kado: Once again saw trailers for this and it does look really interesting. I find it a new concept that I haven't seen yet so I would like to see how the plot and characters are shown.

Starmyu Season Two: I saw the first season and it was pretty good. When I heard season two was coming out I was really happy because I wanted to see how the story was going to be continued.

Yu-gi-oh VRAINS: To be honest I didn't follow the most recent yu-gi-oh anime season because it wasn't one that caught my attention but this one does. I saw some art about it and wanted to see how the new season is set up.

So there are quite a few animes that I would like to see that are premiering in the Spring. I can't wait. ^_^

methedemon
Org Profile

Post by methedemon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:55 pm

definitely watching Attack on Titan 2nd season and Berserk. I used to be a huge yu-gi-oh fan but last series I watched was 5D's not sure if VRAINS is the one to get me back into the franchise, but I will give it a shot.
PLAN B

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season
-Been waiting for this one, 1st episode was a bit slow, most being a recap so hopefully we can get back on track and its a split core show

Sword Oratoria
-watched the other one so might as well watch this too, and no op whiny male mc this time so thats a plus

-1st season was dragged out so with only 12 eps I hope they don't repeat that

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
-here is your generic magic high school battle harem copy paste ln adaption, transfer student "teacher", walks in on girls changing and gets beat up, gets challenged to a duel on the first day, ect... I already dropped this

Renai Boukun
-comedy version of death note pretty much defines this

Eromanga-sensei
-i've been waiting for this anime adaption so hopefully they don't screw it up

Alice to Zouroku
-magical lolis but instead of some generic teen male mc there is an old man instead, It's ok so far but not exactly that interesting

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭
-watched the first season so will be watching this too

Sakura Quest
-another pa works anime, maybe we will get another shirobako but I am not holding my breath, at least the designs are good

Little Witch Academia
-ongoing from last season, still great

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:16 pm

月がきれい is the first anime I've been really excited about seeing in years.

The ads have been playing on my Tokyo metro commute and I have some screen caps to share. The art is just beautiful, the story is exactly the kind of slice of "yes, this is actually my life" that I love so much. I bet I'll have a blast editing it. I hope it'll be available on Amazon Prime Japan. That's where I watch what few series I'm interested in these days. No need for subs.

Unlike my own experiences when I was actually a JHS student in the states, my time in Japanese schools, as a student and a teacher, really explains why school life is much a bigger cultural touchstone. And shows like this appeal to those who both had that experience and those who missed out.

EDIT: Watching it now, soooo pretty.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:40 am

Started Re:Creators from a screencap

and so far it's actually pretty good. Kinda curious to see how this ends and how meta it gets.
Under Construction

Return to “General Anime”